Is there any way to unlock windows 7 user account w/o password? (password reset disk doesn't work)

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by McRedstoneYT, Jun 24, 2019.

1. McRedstoneYT
    OP

McRedstoneYT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    I've tried the password reset disk made on windows 10 to try to unlock windows 7 but to no avail...
    if anyone knows, please, i'm begging you, how do i unlock this goddamn windows 7 pc?
    a factory reset could also work, i just don't know how to do that from the boot menu if there is a way

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Hiren BootCD

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. McRedstoneYT
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    ok, i'll try it out as soon as it finishes downloading! ty

4. Dougla

Dougla Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Password-reset disk only works with the same computer which you created on. To unlock the account, you can use PCUnlocker Live CD, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Kon-Boot or Ophcrack Live CD.
    If you have a Windows install media, just boot with it and you can wipe the data/partition and make a clean reinstallation.

5. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Reset Windows 7 Password with Install Disk
    Advanced computer users often prefer to reset forgotten Windows 7 password with this exploit. Assuming you have your Windows 7 install disk, you can take use of the Sticky Keys feature on the login screen by 'tricking' Windows into launching a fully privileged Command Prompt. Once you have access to Command Prompt, resetting a user password is a matter of few commands.

1. Restart your computer and boot up from Windows 7 install disk.
    2. When the keyboard / language setup screen appears, click the Repair your computer link at the bottom.
    3. Select Command Prompt from the list of recovery options.
    4. Now you should be at the Command Prompt, enter the following commands, pressing Enter after each line.
      c:
      cd windows
      cd system32
      ren sethc.exe sethc.exe.bak
      copy cmd.exe sethc.exe

[​IMG]

5. Close all open windows. When system reboots, remove the install disk to avoid booting to the DVD again.
    6. At the login screen, press the SHIFT key 5 times and a fully privileged Command Prompt will open. Enter the following command to reset your forgotten password:
      net user user_name new_password

[​IMG]

7. Close Command Prompt and you can now log in to Windows 7 with the new password.
    https://www.top-password.com/knowledge/reset-windows-7-password.html
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-reset-a-windows-7-password-2626297
    https://www.isunshare.com/windows-7-password/bypass-windows-7-logon-screen-and-admin-password.html

DeoNaught likes this.
  6. McRedstoneYT
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Thank you SO much!

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    No problem

8. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    I use windows 7/8/10 live discs to reset passwords

9. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I use MediCat for these things.

10. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    I'm late. You can use Microsoft official tool to reset password and that is called MSDart. That tool-set was once owned by Winternals and is or was called Sysinternals or ERD Commander. It features live registry editing without needing to load hive and even features disabling offending drivers and even services.
    MSDaRT.