Hacking Is there any way to Unban an Xbox?

stupertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Like the title says, is there any way? Or, is there any way to update the software on the banned box?

Thanks!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Technically, yes.

You would have to swap the NAND of the console and edit it to contain your unique CPU key.

The problem here is that to make such a swap, you require another, unbanned console as a donor of the NAND data, which defeats the very purpose of such a swap unless you buy a fried 360 online for a dime or two and extract its NAND

So practically... No.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure but a few years back ppl used to buy 1 at walmart open it and swap the motherboards and return them lol, you were able to put your hard drive back on and it was fine. (now i hear they corrupt your data.)

Btw this is illegal and you should not do it or you will risk ban from that walmart (oh noes lol), fines, and possibly jail.

I tryed to do this once with a gba sp that was defective (had a issue with gamecube link cable and I didn't wanna send it in) and the dam lady opened the box and everything lol, I managed to escape by saying a brought the wrong one tho lol.... I think the prob was the box code and the gba sp code didnt match up tho.

stupertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well...

Is there anything I can do with the banned box? It was banned back when Halo Reach came out, lol, so it's quite outdated.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh well...

Is there anything I can do with the banned box? It was banned back when Halo Reach came out, lol, so it's quite outdated.
You can... play games offline on it?
You can mod the disc drive and play homebrews/backups?
You can do just about anything you'd be able to do if it were unbanned except for using XBox Live.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well...

You can do just about anything you'd be able to do if it were unbanned except for using XBox Live.

Note: You can't play homebrew on a flashed Xbox 360, only backups. Homebrew requires either a JTAGable Xbox 360, which you don't have since you've been online until Reach. You can however get it Reset Glitch Hacked, and do everything a JTAG does.

Reactions: 1 person

stupertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well...

Note: You can't play homebrew on a flashed Xbox 360, only backups. Homebrew requires either a JTAGable Xbox 360, which you don't have since you've been online until Reach. You can however get it Reset Glitch Hacked, and do everything a JTAG does.

I'm a n00b to this, haha. Is there a good guide or link on how to do that?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well...

I'm a n00b to this, haha. Is there a good guide or link on how to do that?

If you're a novice, I recommend sending it to someone to perform the RGH/Disc Drive flashing. It's not too difficult, but a tad easy to screw up. In a way. If you want a tutorial, you should google "Jungleflasher tutorial" for the Disc Drive flashing, and "How to RGH My Xbox 360" for the RGH.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, yes.

You would have to swap the NAND of the console and edit it to contain your unique CPU key.

The problem here is that to make such a swap, you require another, unbanned console as a donor of the NAND data, which defeats the very purpose of such a swap unless you buy a fried 360 online for a dime or two and extract its NAND

So practically... No.

Hahahahaha, you don't need to take the entire NAND out.. Extract the KV from a NAND dump of a console of the exact revision, and that's all I'm saying.

Mantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to get a NAND dump from an old phat 360 for my Slim model? I'm going to guess no.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's possible to "unban" your 360 but you'll have to leave the RGH chip inplace.
Afaik it won't save you and allow you back on Live (atleast it didn't for jTAG's).

Unbanning your 360 only needs a new KeyVault (KV) like C-Kronos said.

Besides a Banned 360 can be a nice RGH system.
It's banned already so you don't have to worry about it being connected to live etc.
You could always sell it on ebay to someone who wants a RGH.

Mantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With a dual NAND would I be able to play the backups on my external hard drive through the original dashboard (in other words, the unbanned NAND) that I installed via FreeStyle or would I have to use the original discs? Would it also be possible to be alerted immediately when Microsoft sends out a new update so I can turn off my 360 immediately to avoid a ban? (I hear there's a very small time window to do this.)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got a Non banned NAND and you go on live with a RGH enabled (thus enabling the hack) you'll be put on the black list immediately during the authentication process of logging in.

You got virtually no time to escape the black list.

In theory it's possible to have a NAND dump from a diffirent 360 on your own 360 but I doubt that it'll work.
(my brain isn't functioning at it's full capacity either xd)

Mantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. Well, I did contact some guy called Monoxide about modifying my 360 for RGH but he hasn't got back to me. There's another guy who is selling an RGH 360 so I could sell my own I guess. He said he'd add an extra NAND for some extra cash, but I'm starting to think it's not worth it now. Mainly I just wanted to retain the ability to add my progress to my gamerscore and still message my friends, but if it isn't an easy possibility I guess I won't bother. His RGH'd 360 looks pretty awesome though, with the custom transparent side case with blue LEDs. ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want online capabilities it's best to buy a new (or clean second hand) 360 ;]

RGH boxes are usually for people who have some more knowledge on how to stay safe with such a 360 (homebrew programs and FSD add data to the gamertag)

It's a cool thing to have but to use it on progressing gamerscore can be risky with Live tags.

If I where you I'd RGH that banned box and sell it, use the money to get a new or second hand 360 ;]

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Well, I did contact some guy called Monoxide about modifying my 360 for RGH but he hasn't got back to me. There's another guy who is selling an RGH 360 so I could sell my own I guess. He said he'd add an extra NAND for some extra cash, but I'm starting to think it's not worth it now. Mainly I just wanted to retain the ability to add my progress to my gamerscore and still message my friends, but if it isn't an easy possibility I guess I won't bother. His RGH'd 360 looks pretty awesome though, with the custom transparent side case with blue LEDs. ;)

If you are looking to buy an RGH I have one that I want to sell because I dont game on xbox anymore. I'm pretty sure the international shipping wouldn't cost more than $10 (£6) if you are interested, but mine doesn't have any cosmetic mod (not like they really matter).

Mantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want online capabilities it's best to buy a new (or clean second hand) 360 ;]

RGH boxes are usually for people who have some more knowledge on how to stay safe with such a 360 (homebrew programs and FSD add data to the gamertag)

It's a cool thing to have but to use it on progressing gamerscore can be risky with Live tags.

If I where you I'd RGH that banned box and sell it, use the money to get a new or second hand 360 ;]

Thanks for the tips, and given what you've said I think I'll use my future RGH'd 360 for offline use. That said, I did read about moving profiles using a USB stick from a modded 360 to an unmodded one working for updating gamerscore, but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. Not a chance I'm giving Microsoft another penny though. I'm tired of their bureaucracy and terrible service, not to mention the fact that nobody should be robbed of what they paid for. If need be I'll sacrifice using Xbox Live at all.

If you are looking to buy an RGH I have one that I want to sell because I dont game on xbox anymore. I'm pretty sure the international shipping wouldn't cost more than $10 (£6) if you are interested, but mine doesn't have any cosmetic mod (not like they really matter).

Oh, a fellow Golden Sun fan, cool. Although surely considering the weight of a console international shipping would cost far more than £6. Which model is your 360, has it had a RRoD before, and what extras do you have installed? (e.g. LT+ 3.0, new firmware, FreeStyle dash, etc.) Edit: Also, probably a stupid question, but I assume my saves and games will be region free if I do a transfer?

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, a fellow Golden Sun fan, cool. Although surely considering the weight of a console international shipping would cost far more than £6. Which model is your 360, has it had a RRoD before, and what extras do you have installed? (e.g. LT+ 3.0, new firmware, FreeStyle dash, etc.) Edit: Also, probably a stupid question, but I assume my saves and games will be region free if I do a transfer?

I just looked up the international shipping cost and its much more than I had the impression it was going to be and probably wouldnt be worth it. But I have Freestyle dash and a couple of Dashlaunch mods installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh