Is there any way to system transfer from new 3ds to 2ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wurstpistole, Oct 11, 2016.

1. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi, friend of mine bought a 2ds and wants to transfer his new 3ds data. Don't ask me why but he likes the 2ds better. Now he can't transfer because you can't do that from new 3ds to old 3ds (which is what the 2ds counts as). Is there any way for him to get his stuff onto the 2ds? He has all the ambassador games so he doesn't want to lose it naturally.

2. TheRealDude

TheRealDude Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    No. Plain and simple. In order to do a system transfer, the consoles must be able to connect to the Nintendo server and consoles are hard coded to identify as either a 3DS, 2DS, or N3DS.

The last option that will take a while is to contact Nintendo by phone, but there is no guarantee that they'll help. Sorry.

3. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    But there must be a way to get his stuff onto a new console without hacking. That would be quite stupid of Nintendo if that wasn't possible.

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    you can't do New 3DS -> Old 3DS/2DS. no way other than hacks and calling Nintendo to move eshop data (good luck with that).

5. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    New 3DS is an actual hardware upgrade, it supports games and features previous models could not.

6. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    The only way is via hacking, sorry. With CFW it is possible to dump movable.sed and secureinfo and use those to transfer everything but that is the only way.

7. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    That's clear but ambassador gba games are by any means nothing that a 2ds wouldn't run

8. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    I don't mean those. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the biggest new 3ds game.

9. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I know i know. Still it's quite a limitation to not allow transferring back - I mean, he earned and bought the stuff. It should be possible for him to get it on another device if he wishes to.