1. SuperDan

OP SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Well I have not touched my PS Vita for ages . So Ive not been keeping up with the scene .... But I would like to switch my left Analog to D pad ... If that is possible?..

2. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm not sure i think you can only do this in psx games, but i may be wrong. Just hold ps button and open settings, then choos controller settings.

3. SuperDan

United States
    Yes sir you can with psx.. Just not the vita itself .. Need for speed.. MGS2&3 would be nicer with Dpad ect...

4. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    SuperDan likes this.
  5. adeptape

adeptape Member
    Newcomer

United States
    swapping left (or either) analog function to D-pad would not only be AWESOME but a LIFE SAVER in soooooo many cases where the analog sticks are broken/no longer function. 1 of the major flaws of Vita's design was leaving an open gap underneath the sticks where dust/etc. could easily collect and obstruct the mechanism. i used so much rubbing alcohol,over time,it corroded and now requires hardware replacement... OR ANALOG REMAPS!!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw,u can use Electrical Contact Cleaner 2 safely clean them(rotate sticks about 2 minutes). do NOT use rubbing alcohol that has even 1% of water as it will corrode as did mine

SuperDan likes this.
  6. adeptape

adeptape Member
    Newcomer

United States
    (getting cued 4 double posting) 4got 2 mention,i bought a can of CRC QD Electrical Contact Cleaner 3 years ago at Walmart,$8. Still have a nearly full can and it works EVERY time i have analog issues on my 2nd Vita. use the nozzle under the rubber flap under analogs,quick shot,rotate 2 minutes with the system OFF.
    the "ghosted" movement during gameplay is caused by dust/dirt/etc. lodging inside the Vita's analog chambers and applying pressure 2 the mechanism as though it were being pressed.
    if u have alot of built-up debris,it make take several uses 2 clean out thoroughly,just don't drown your Vita with it.

SuperDan likes this.
  7. SuperDan

United States
    Well I don't have a drifting stick but that's good advice.. I use to get that on cheap ps3 pads back in the day..
    I'd use alcohol in a Q tip and clean around the analog sticks and that would normally work

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Analog,