Hacking Is there any way to speed up cheat loading (AKAIO)?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gunmaster51 said:
Certainly. You can use an editor to delete the cheats you don't want. At least thats what I used to do for R4.

So, if I want a particular game's cheat menu to load faster, I have to delete some cheats from there? Or will shrinking the file overall speed it up?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I guess one way is to create seperate cheat files for certain games & not just rely on one big USRCheat file for all of them

So you could have a ACWW.DAT for Animal Crossing cheats and
Mario.DAT for mario games - then just choose the required database when you activate cheats

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just tried it, and it seems as though all that matters is the number of cheats for the game that you're trying to play. I cut out 3/4 of the cheats in my database, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon still took the same amount of time to load. What's weird is that the R4 firmware loaded cheats nearly instantly. What's the difference? Would using cheat.dat instead of usrcheat.dat help? Or someting? I don't know.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this slowness too, it's sort of annoying but not too big of a deal for me.
I don't know why you are using usrcheat.dat, because it's not meant for Acekard according to the help file:
QUOTE said:
R4DS
N5DS
M3 Simply
Acekard 2/ RPG
CHEAT.DAT (Encrypted)

R4DS
N5DS
M3 Simply
DS Top Toy
USRCHEAT.DAT (Unencrypted)

M3DS Real
G6 Real
cheat.db

Supercard
Acekard 2/ RPG
G6 Real
cheat.xml (Unencrypted)

CycloDS
user.EVOcheats

EDGE
EDGEcheat.dat (You must rename it to the proper name for EDGE cards)
Acekard 2 uses either cheat.dat or cheat.xml.
I think unencrypted should run a bit faster, so you should try using cheat.xml.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WeakNiZ said:
SD card made in Japan is quite a bit faster when compared to the one made in Taiwan
Just got myself a pretty little Kingston 8GB Class 4 made in Japan and... duuude! THIS THING IS THE BOMB!

Do yourselves a favor a get a Japan/Class 4. It's worth the extra money.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother, it won't make much of a difference especially since this is unnoticeable at best.
And Another World is right, you have to press X to rebuild and next time the cheats menu will load instantly.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the rebuild, and it still takes a long time to load for games that have a large number of cheats.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like to point out that it took the same amount of time to load the cheats (about 15 seconds for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Sky and 10 for Pokemon Platinum, the only two games I have with a lot of cheats) before and after performing the rebuild.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think what you guys are talking about is the cheat menu's loading, scrolling/navigation time (it tends to take quite a while for games with ton of cheats)
infact, its the scrolling/navigation time that bothers me
i had highlighted that to normmatt and hope he will find a way to optimise it
tongue.gif

DeMoN said:
Don't bother, it won't make much of a difference especially since this is unnoticeable at best.
And Another World is right, you have to press X to rebuild and next time the cheats menu will load instantly.

don't bother about .XML
it doesn't get the job done

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I did the rebuild, and it still took just as long to load the next time. It's like it's not recognizing the .cc files or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over