is there any way to screen shot extened memory games

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hacksn5s4, Dec 5, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    so i have old 3ds and want to take screen shots of moon

TheGreek Boy likes this.
  2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    I don't think that's possible, and btw Noob Paradise was made for this questions, no need to post a new topic for every questions you have

(If there is, let me know too since I always want to learn more :) )

HyperT likes this.
  3. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I'm pretty sure the latest version of Nintendo's Test Menu lets you take screenshots of suspended software and saves them to the SD card, even if those games are extended memory mode games. Of course, I can't give you Test Menu here since it is SDK material, but it shouldn't be hard to find if you know where to look.

It should just be as simple as installing the Test Menu CIA, enabling UNITINFO in your Luma Config, booting Pokémon Moon through Dev Menu, suspending Moon whenever you want to take a screenshot, then taking a screenshot using whatever button combo it is to take a screen in Test Menu (I forgot what that combo was myself; I only remember this being a thing when I played around with it a long time ago).

Tenshi_Okami likes this.
  4. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    im having trouble finding it the iso site got hacked so i don't think its there any more

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    too bad.

If only you could extract it from the dev kit and install with luma (Which supports dev encrypted apps installing with UNITINFO)