Homebrew Is there any way to revive the DSi Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickhopper

OP
Trophies
Website
virtualpengu.in
XP
Country
United States
Lately, I've been seeing lots of stuff about reviving Nintendo's services. So I thought if it was actually possible to revive the DSi Shop.

This is also my first thread.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Probably could if you modded the shop SRL to not use HTTPS/strip out other certs. Not really do able until RocketLauncher comes out as it will require something like HiyaCFW to do. Though maybe just better off making something akin to freeShop instead..... :P

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably could if you modded the shop SRL to not use HTTPS/strip out other certs. Not really do able until RocketLauncher comes out as it will require something like HiyaCFW to do. Though maybe just better off making something akin to freeShop instead..... :P
exactly what i was thinking oh and also i was wondering on what the progress is for hiyacfw just wondering

Reactions: CatmanFan
D

Deleted member 513667

I'm working on my own version of the dsi store, complete with homebrew.
edit:ok was going to do it but i cant for sum reason but thats ok

Last edited by ,

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i would be over the moon if the dsishop was brought back but would you have to pay for stuff? because if any defunct nintendo shop gets revived by the homebrew community and people earn money w it i think nintendo will get mad or smth

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would be over the moon if the dsishop was brought back but would you have to pay for stuff? because if any defunct nintendo shop gets revived by the homebrew community and people earn money w it i think nintendo will get mad or smth
I very much highly doubt it.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Its not possible to build free shop like one on Nintendo 3ds? Where can download cia directly to Nintendo 3ds?
Dsi have Camera like 3ds. And i think can scan qr code

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not possible to build free shop like one on Nintendo 3ds? Where can download cia directly to Nintendo 3ds?
Dsi have Camera like 3ds. And i think can scan qr code
1.) Yes, because Nintendo has upgraded their CDN servers to prevent this from happening.
2.) Use "FBI" to install CIA files.
3.) Yes.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since this thread got bumped but not closed after a few days…

No idea what the eternal revive "X" is about. A new shop in the sense "actually selling" isn't likely to exist on discontinued platforms.
but isn't it copyright infringement? i really thought it was a crime to sell stuff that you basically ''stole''
Nobody but the rightsholders may sell software licenses. Trying it anyway is just asking for a ride in a fancy car (🚔) to jail. That should be pretty obvious. This leaves the following possibilities:
  • Central homebrew downloader (like Universal Updater on 3DS) → No idea how this could be implemented modifying the DSiShop application
  • Downloader, like FreeShop was on 3DS, grabbing software without payment → Illegal, but very hard to prevent
  • Actual shop selling homebrew. → How is that supposed to work??

1.) Yes, because Nintendo has upgraded their CDN servers to prevent this from happening.
Grabbing files from Nintendo illegally should indeed still work. The "present a valid ticket before download" wasn't implemented on DSi, Wii and Wii U, but the content is still online. For Wii U there exist various NUS grabbers (NUSspli on the console itself).

I don't know about DSi, but for Wii there is a proof of concept homebrew. I think it wasn't every shared publicly. @XFlak mentioned having a copy of it. Shoplifting Channel or something like this. Should still work, since the Wii saw no update since 2012.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nobody but the rightsholders may sell software licenses. Trying it anyway is just asking for a ride in a fancy car (🚔) to jail. That should be pretty obvious. This leaves the following possibilities:
  • Central homebrew downloader (like Universal Updater on 3DS) → No idea how this could be implemented modifying the DSiShop application
  • Downloader, like FreeShop was on 3DS, grabbing software without payment → Illegal, but very hard to prevent
  • Actual shop selling homebrew. → How is that supposed to work??
haha the fancy car comment made made me laugh sm
and yeah i don't know how selling homebrew is supposed to work, but maybe the eshop could be used as a homebrew downloader but idk how to do that either, it would be reallyyy cool though

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if this is related or not, after all it is referring to the shop services. I've heard that the developers of the Open Shop Channel are working on a new server to use the Wii Shop Channel as a replacement to the still buggy Homebrew Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.