Is there any way to replace audio files in a game?

Zamzoober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i wanted to replace the "Objection!" voiceclips in both Ace Attorney 5 and 6 with the ones from previous games and i figured it would probably be pretty simple but idk anything about modding 3ds games, or just modding games in general. Is there some way to do this that isn't super complicated or something? Thanks :)

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma makes it easy to replace files if you enable game patching, but SFX are usually in an archive with hundreds of files. If you're lucky the voice clips will be with the BGM, in which case you can just drop in the files from the old games, assuming they're in the same format. If the voice clips are in the SFX archive, it would be a lot more work and require extra tools to extract and rebuild the archive with the new SFX.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Zamzoober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma makes it easy to replace files if you enable game patching, but SFX are usually in an archive with hundreds of files. If you're lucky the voice clips will be with the BGM, in which case you can just drop in the files from the old games, assuming they're in the same format. If the voice clips are in the SFX archive, it would be a lot more work and require extra tools to extract and rebuild the archive with the new SFX.
ah okay well thanks for telling me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse