Is there any way to remove that health warning screen in the beginning

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Amici, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Amici
    OP

Amici GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2006
    Manila
    Kinda gets annoying after a while [​IMG]

2. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    nope,it's in the ds,but if it's in a game,someone could hack it,but who cares

3. Frozen_Fish

Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2007
  4. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Actually you can, but you need to flash the DS which will void your warranty. And there's a lot of important steps involved or you can brick your DS.

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Bricking your DS is possible with the FlashMe installation, yes, but as long as you know what you're doing and don't blindly start poking metal bits everywhere, the risk of bricking is very low. Most brickings occur when people don't take any precautions whatsoever when it's relatively easy to research what the risks are and how to easily counteract them.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Amici
    OP

Amici GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2006
    Manila
    So does anyone have a tutorial of it that's easy to understand? [​IMG] Just so I can gauge whether I can do it or not heh

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    GBAtemp flashme guide:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

They say lots of steps but it amounts to add flashme.nds to cart
    run it
    do what it says (make sure to insulate the shorting tool).

DS lites are more prone to problems but as mentioned if you read the guide it is simple enough, original DS models you would have to actually work at to brick.

Just to add there is a "stealth" version the leaves the screen intact but is otherwise identical, you want the normal version.

8. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    For SLOT-1 card users, I'd actually recommend that you use the "No autoboot" version. The normal version will boot SLOT-2 instead of SLOT-1 if it finds DS code on that cart; I sometimes flash DS homebrew to my 3-in-1 (stuff like the DS port of Heretic, which was never updated to use SLOT-1 cards), and it would be a drag to have my DS boot to SLOT-2 all the time for that reason. The no autoboot version will allow you to boot SLOT-1 as usual regardless of what's in SLOT-2; it will only boot from SLOT-2 when you hold Select. However, if you don't own or ever plan on getting a SLOT-2 device, it shouldn't make a difference which you use.

9. dipper145

dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2008
    Canada
    I would suggest not flashing your ds, its not worth it, at all.

Just live with the extra second of healthscreen.

10. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    I would not recommend to flash your DS either.
    I've flashed about 5 or 6 DSs, but it was a necessity because at the time there was no slot 1 solution.
    And it was tricky too because you needed some kind of pass me device which would then let you boot code from the slot 2.
    And as a side benefit you could choose to bypass the health screen.
    Nowadays it's as easy as running homebrew from your slot 1 card, just being careful when shorting the littke screw near the battery of your DS, but again I wouldn't do it just to get rid of the health screen, it's not enough of a motivation that justifies a possibly brick-risking operation.

11. Vincent T

Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, California
    Well one tap isnt gonna kill you. I recommend NOT flashing your ds. You can brick it.

12. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Margen67 likes this.
  13. Amici
    OP

Amici GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2006
    Manila
    Ayt, thanks for the replies guys. Seems like too much of a bother and risk to try...so I won't. Thanks tho, I learned much [​IMG]