Is there any way to reinstall Wii U system Apps?

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Some of my Wii U's system apps crash a lot so I'm thinking they may be corrupted, so I would like to try reinstalling them if that's even possible?

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some of my Wii U's system apps crash a lot so I'm thinking they may be corrupted, so I would like to try reinstalling them if that's even possible?
I think the best way for you it's to uninstall the mod (especially it's a must if you have the mod CBHC) and then make a "Factory Restore" from the Wii U settings Menu. This movement, will wipe the Console and refresh the system installation.

Reactions: Kopimist

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the best way for you it's to uninstall the mod (especially it's a must if you have the mod CBHC) and then make a "Factory Restore" from the Wii U settings Menu. This movement, will wipe the Console and refresh the system installation.
Factory Reset will throw away the user profile(s) but not repair damaged titles. If the internet browser is non-functional this can make homebrew access after formatting much harder. I wouldn't delete any entry points. At least keeping Haxchi is a good idea (CBHC isn't needed).

Please provide more information about what is working and what not (why do I have to say this so often?). The Wii U experts might be able to help you. Don't randomly change things on NAND.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Factory Reset will throw away the user profile(s) but not repair damaged titles. If the internet browser is non-functional this can make homebrew access after formatting much harder. I wouldn't delete any entry points. At least keeping Haxchi is a good idea (CBHC isn't needed).

Please provide more information about what is working and what not (why do I have to say this so often?). The Wii U experts might be able to help you. Don't randomly change things on NAND.
@KleinesSinchen , if he decide to do the "factory reset", it's normal that he will lose everything and need to re-do the Mod Haxchi processes as fresh (which means to enter again to his Nintendo Account, download his DS Game Entry Point for Haxchi and so on....).

AND if he has CBHC, and it doesn't unistall it before wipe everything , the Wii U GOES in BRICK and bye bye Wii U......
So before wipe and restore the Console, to wipe any corrupted file system (with the hope that the problem it's just some corruption files and NOT the deteriorated internal Nand) he MUST to UNISTALL COLDBOOT!!! There is even the official Guide that said this if you don't trust.

If he has the NAND problems, in this case, as you said will be a problem for him to re-do all the processes; it depends which road he wants to take from here.....

PS: Just to underline, this problem appened to me at the beginning with my Wii U son's, and the Console will restore also the basic apps , because sometimes these problems happen when you install new Games With the title Key that could go in conflict with another system app or could be the NAND that it's too much frammentated cause many times unistall and install Games to the internal storage....

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: Kopimist

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Please provide more information about what is working and what not (why do I have to say this so often?).
I'm so sorry. I think most notorious are Daily Log, Age restictions and amiibo settings. Although it does happen (more rarely but even more annoying when that happens) in other titles too, like Settings or in the login screen. I only have haxchi as of now, used to have CBHC at some point but decided to uninstall it after it started showing a black screen on boot sometimes.

Also maybe worth a mention is that at some point Super Mario Maker started to report that levels were deleted because of file corruption, which leads me to believe that the internal hdd is failing.

EDIT: also, thankfully Internet Browser does work

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry. I think most notorious are Daily Log, Age restictions and amiibo settings. Although it does happen (more rarely but even more annoying when that happens in other titles too, like Settings or in the login screen. I only have haxchi as of now, used to have CBHC at some point but decided to uninstall it after it started showing a black screen on boot sometimes.

Also maybe worth a mention is that at some point Super Mario Maker started to report that levels were deleted because of file corruption, which leads me to believe that the internal hdd is failing.
Was Mario Maker on the internal memory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.