Hacking Is there any way to play SNES or GBA games using only Slot 1?

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 3DS and have an M3i. I would LOVE to play Super Mario World, especially the remake for GBA, but I don't know if it's possible.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard DSTWO is one of the few slot-1 flashcarts that can emulate GBA. It also has many other features (RTS, slow motion, auto AP bypass, various multi-media support, and more). SCDS2 also has 3DS support, so no problem in playing it in a 3DS. SNES emulation is better compared to emulators that run on regular carts.

The only downside is its price; SCDS2 costs ~$35, but I think it's worth to invest if you're interested in emulating GBA and SNES.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES is possible using SNEmulDS, and as I recall SMW plays quite well on it, layering issues aside. As for GBA, I'm afraid there's no viable slot 1 method.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
It can play a few SNES games through the emulator snemulDS, however the compatibility and speed is generally too poor to play through a SNES game.

As far as I am aware GBA game's won't work on that in slot-1 unless something has changed recently.

Your best bet would be to get another flashcard like the Supercard dstwo or ievolution. Something with an onboard cpu.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
It can play a few SNES games through the emulator snemulDS, however the compatibility and speed is generally too poor to play through a SNES game.

As far as I am aware GBA game's won't work on that in slot-1 unless something has changed recently.

Your best bet would be to get another flashcard like the Supercard dstwo or ievolution. Something with an onboard cpu.
The iEvo doesn't have an on-board CPU and can't play GBA or SNES.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
koyuki_kun said:
buy a super card dstwo
This ^
Buy a Supercard Two, it's miles ahead of M3i Zero.
I can't believe I am still telling people this. Stop buying M3 products, the M3 Team a dead team who will never update to anything better than a half-assed cards they have now.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
The SuperCard DSTWO is the only card that can do both. All cards can use SNEmulDS to play SNES roms, nowhere near perfect, but your best option. No card except the Supercard DSTWO or the IPlayer can run GBA roms, and the Iplayer can't run any .nds rom/homebrew /etc. Use slot 2, or get a SuperCard DSTWO if you want GBA emulation, SNES can be run decently on (almost) any flashcart.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have to buy the SuperCard DSTWO, which is indeed better than the M3 (every, single on of them). The M3 can in no way emulate a GBA game, but it can emulate SNES and NES games via SNEmulDS.
The SuperCard DSTWO can emulate (S)NES and GBA. I am not sure, but I think the iPlayer can emulate both too, because it can emulate GBA and homebrew.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll put off buying my next flashcart until one that can emulate 3DS games comes out. I used to have a SuperCard but it was so slow so I moved to the m3i when I got a DSi. Hopefully the Supercard Two is better.

I just want to play Super Mario World. How good is SNEmulDS in emulating that?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saf1 said:
I used to have a SuperCard but it was so slow so I moved to the m3i when I got a DSi. Hopefully the Supercard Two is better.I'm assuming that you're referring to the DSone. In that case, a lot has changed. When the Evolution OS came out, it got a massive speed boost. It's probably better than your M3i right now, actually.
The DStwo is pretty much the same, except the built-in CPU allows more features and stuff. It's great.
QUOTE(Saf1 @ May 28 2011, 03:49 PM) I just want to play Super Mario World. How good is SNEmulDS in emulating that?
It runs at full speed, but SNEmulDS requires a lot of tweaking to get the game to look normal (as there are a lot of layering issues).

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It runs at full speed, but SNEmulDS requires a lot of tweaking to get the game to look normal (as there are a lot of layering issues).

Hmmm it may be worth my upgrading to the DSTwo, but I may wait until a 3DS cart comes out.

Do you know of any places I can look up good settings for the game?

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tweaked around with some settings and it's working really well. Shame I have to rely on save states though since for some reason it's not saving in game.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Saf1 said:
QUOTE said:

Hmmm it may be worth my upgrading to the DSTwo, but I may wait until a 3DS cart comes out.

It's totally worth upgrading to a DS Two.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Saf1 said:
I think I'll put off buying my next flashcart until one that can emulate 3DS games comes out. I used to have a SuperCard but it was so slow so I moved to the m3i when I got a DSi. Hopefully the Supercard Two is better.

I just want to play Super Mario World. How good is SNEmulDS in emulating that?
Well you'll be waiting a while.
tongue.gif

On a serious note, if I remember correctly SNEmulDS does the job fairly well, almost perfect.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Saf1 said:
QUOTE said:

It's totally worth upgrading to a DS Two.
3DS ROMs = nonexistent and probably never will exist, at least not for a very very very very long time

We can't even dump the ROMs, let alone play them.

The DStwo is the best cart there is. It's totally worth it.

And besides, if $35 plus a decent mSD, so say, $50, seriously.

That's the cost of like 2 DS games. For like, flawless playing of all 5900 or so, GBA, (S)NES emulation, and a shitload of other features. It's totally worth it.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNEmulDS is working great with Super Mario World but the boss battles are nearly impossible since you can't see the floors. I've tried every possible combination but I can't get it to work.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the game. With a lot of the bosses I had to sort of guess where to jump but it was easy enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: