Hacking Is there any way to play ace attorney(the 3ds games)or the new pokemon games free in 3ds?

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking questions is a form of research.
Not if if it's done in the wrong place. It's that type of mentality what allows noobs to ask the same old questions everybody else has asked without bothering to do their own search.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not if if it's done in the wrong place. It's that type of mentality what allows noobs to ask the same old questions everybody else has asked without bothering to do their own search.
What mentality? "I don't know anything about this subject so I'll ask these guys that do"?

Honestly gbatemp doesn't have a proper help section like most other sites. A pinned thread in a random subforum isnt sufficient.

The first question I asked here wasn't in that thread. I doubt yours was either. Noobs aren't a problem, our system for organizing their request and attitudes toward assisting them is the problem.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What mentality? "I don't know anything about this subject so I'll ask these guys that do"?

Honestly gbatemp doesn't have a proper help section like most other sites. A pinned thread in a random subforum isnt sufficient.

The first question I asked here wasn't in that thread. I doubt yours was either. Noobs aren't a problem, our system for organizing their request and attitudes toward assisting them is the problem.
"I don't know anything about this subject, and I'm too lazy to search on my own so I'll ask these guys instead, despite the obvious stickies looking at me"
Fixed that for you.

As for proper help section, you mean the Tutorial section is not good enough either? Of course, despite the obvious sticky telling not to make asking threads there either, they do it any way because they do not bother to read, so it's their fault in general for making themselves look bad. And according to you, what's a good idea for a help section?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly gbatemp doesn't have a proper help section like most other sites.
coughs yes it does coughs

Geez, I really should get some dayquil or something for this awful cough.
f4oDZ.png

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"I don't know anything about this subject, and I'm too lazy to search on my own so I'll ask these guys instead, despite the obvious stickies looking at me"
Fixed that for you.

As for proper help section, you mean the Tutorial section is not good enough either? Of course, despite the obvious sticky telling not to make asking threads there either, they do it any way because they do not bother to read, so it's their fault in general for making themselves look bad. And according to you, what's a good idea for a help section?
What if real life was like that? Like everytime you went to a mechanic because your car was wabbly and he was like "next time you need to not be lazy and do some research, maybe ask at the right place like a tire shop". You'd be a little more then pissed right?

coughs yes it does coughs

Geez, I really should get some dayquil or something for this awful cough.
f4oDZ.png
There is that, but think of a person looking through Google results, finds gba temp, and sees topics on things there looking for in a forum. Naturally they would post there.

There is a system, but in my opinion not a great one. My only issue is with people that only reply with how they asked wrong, or their personal opinion on what they're trying to do, or even just flaming in every noob thread. Sure, tell them what to do next time, but at least give them the information they asked for. People here need to lighten up on noobs a bit. We were all noobs at one point.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if real life was like that? Like everytime you went to a mechanic because your car was wabbly and he was like "next time you need to not be lazy and do some research, maybe ask at the right place like a tire shop". You'd be a little more then pissed right?

There is that, but think of a person looking through Google results, finds gba temp, and sees topics on things there looking for in a forum. Naturally they would post there.

There is a system, but in my opinion not a great one. My only issue is with people that only reply with how they asked wrong, or their personal opinion on what they're trying to do, or even just flaming in every noob thread. Sure, tell them what to do next time, but at least give them the information they asked for. People here need to lighten up on noobs a bit. We were all noobs at one point.
That's a poor analogy there. You're mixing asking where to look for services with not bothering to read guidelines before asking for info in the wrong places. This is not a service; this is an internet community. Newcomers always come here, sure. That's why there's stickies, that's why there's the ask section, that's why there is the noob thread, so if they do not bother to look at them in the first place, despite them ALREADY being in their noses, then it's their fault if they get called out for not bothering to read before asking. It would be excusable if they said that they looked through Google and could not find what they were looking for. It would be excusable if they said they tried the search feature in the forum, but could not find anything. It would be excusable if they said they're new and tried the other two options. But not bothering to do any of those things, and asking right away instead, especially if it's been asked a million times before, now that's not excusable. Remember, this is the internet, things work differently here.

Also, if you think the system here is not as great, do you have any ideas on how to improve it?

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's a poor analogy there. You're mixing asking where to look for services with not bothering to read guidelines before asking for info in the wrong places. This is not a service; this is an internet community. Newcomers always come here, sure. That's why there's stickies, that's why there's the ask section, that's why there is the noob thread, so if they do not bother to look at them in the first place, despite them ALREADY being in their noses, then it's their fault if they get called out for not bothering to read before asking. It would be excusable if they said that they looked through Google and could not find what they were looking for. It would be excusable if they said they tried the search feature in the forum, but could not find anything. It would be excusable if they said they're new and tried the other two options. But not bothering to do any of those things, and asking right away instead, especially if it's been asked a million times before, now that's not excusable. Remember, this is the internet, things work differently here.

Also, if you think the system here is not as great, do you have any ideas on how to improve it?
I disagree. I don't think asking questions or asking for help is worthy of being treated rudely. We know the stickies exists, we know how to use the ask section and we are aware that the same questions get asked time and time again. But noobs aren't familiar with this place and they don't know that what they're asking has been answered in other threads over and over. I don't think we are going to be able to agree on this. You can handle these threads how you want. I understand that noobs aren't all the same person and they are likely unfamiliar with how forums, especially this one, works. So I'm going to continue to respond to them with patience and understanding. I just wish others would do the same.

Reactions: zezzo

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The issue with your logic is that "n00bs" aren't a single entity. You can "teach" one, but the next 100 people will still do the same. So no, they won't ever "learn". Also, very often 3DS hacking implies many keywords people don't even know about (A9LH, OTP, etc). If you google "3ds hacking", the second result is the Flashcard and Custom Firmwares section. Not a specific thread. The entire section.

Having said so, you only have three options:

1) Stop from using the internet altogether
2) Ignore threads with "n00b questions" and go on with your life
3) Helpfully answer the same questions with patience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1