Is there any way to play 3DS on Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Moon164, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Moon164
    OP

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I was seeing that it is possible to emulate the Nintendo DS on the Wii with the DeSmume Wii (even though it is very slow, it is playable for some 2D games), so ... I was wondering if the same would be possible in 3DS for Wii U, it's possible or Wii U is to weak to hold on the 3DS ?

Another thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to stream from the 3DS to the Wii U, as is possible with the Xbox One

or even streaming from Citra to the Wii U and control 3DS games with the Wii U GamePad, Pro Controller etc...

PS: Sorry for my English, Brazilian Here.

2. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Simply put no. If it can barely emulate DS games it has no hope of emulating the next generation up.

3. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Chao Raiser

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    1) That's a Wii emulator, the Wii U can run DS games at full speed (see the official Virtual Console emulator)
    2) The DS and 3DS are completely different. It's so much harder to run a 3DS game well compared to a DS game, even on a pretty decent PC.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    There's no technical reason for which a NTR streaming receiver can't be written, but... hey it's just a wiiu after all

5. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Chao Raiser

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    An NTR streamer is feasible. That's still completely different from emulation though.

6. Moon164
    OP

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm sorry but what is ''NTR'' ?

7. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    someting that makes your 3ds better
    Ok for real its for cheat plugins on the 3ds

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    NTR-CFW, it's a set of patches that allow you to do some things on a 3DS like running plugins or debugging, and using cheats. n3DS only video streaming to a PC is one of the features it has. I guess someone ported the streaming client to Xbox One.

Moon164 likes this.
  9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    When even modern Android phones are not powerful enough to emulate the 3DS although they already share the same CPU architecture (ARM) then the good old weak Wii U (PowerPC) will never do it.
    I can however see the Switch do it at some point as the Switch OS is some kind of 3DS OS 2.0 and a thing like Nintendont (because the Wii was a GC 2.0) could be done for the Switch to execute 3DS binaries and redirect their syscalls.