Gaming Is there any way to pirate games on 360?

Marcoao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 360, and my problem is that the cd reader is broken. I was wondering if I could just get a mod chip instead of getting it repaired, since mod chips play games off of the hard drive. I can't really send it in anymore, since it was taken apart by the person who gave it to me.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep but this isnt the place to ask as to where, its against the rules to post links to pirating sites. google is your friend bro

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JTAG and XBR, but if you've updated to the latest dashboard revision (8xxx something) forget it. If you've connected to Live since last Fall, you're at too recent a dashboard.

And don't say "pirate" say "backups", it's only for games you own.
wink2.gif

Marcoao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just said pirate cause that's what most people know it as. I was looking for a mod chip that could run them off of the hard drive, because my cd reader isn't reading games

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DreamTrooper said:
Yep but this isnt the place to ask as to where, its against the rules to post links to pirating sites. google is your friend bro
How's it illegal to ask where to find instructions to pirate 360 games? Have you ever looked in the Wii or DS sections?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your 360 has been on live since Fall 09 then forget it

If its under warranty repair it

may be anyway just a simple dust issue, open up the thing and give it a nice clean through

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
DreamTrooper said:
PM me and i'll PM you with a site to go to, cant post it publicly in forums. Srry

You do know that this is also against the rules, you can't just PM the link and think it will be fine sorry
lecture.gif

I wonder how many people here know at least 3 rom sites
mellow.gif

Anyway, Google is your friend.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy to replace the drive. Purchase a BenQ form flebay and spoof the firmware with original drives info.
You should be able to find someone to do it for you in your local.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
Then WTF the original question?
wacko.gif
This is the problem with people today, they don't read(including the TC). His original question calls for a tutorial or guide. He is NOT asking for iso's or roms..at least not in his original post. Read the 3rd post and google, that's your only option unless you replace the DVD drive. I don't think modchips can run games off the HDD.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, the guy never asked for a link to warez. He was wondering if it was possible to pirate 360 games. By possible he didn't mean "Can I download them?" but rather "What do I need to do to my Xbox to do that?" Anyway, problem solved, let's end it here.

And yes, it is possible with the methods people listed. Still, there's stuff like banning going around, so be careful.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Original Question:

Marcoao said:
I just got a 360, and my problem is that the cd reader is broken. I was wondering if I could just get a mod chip instead of getting it repaired, since mod chips play games off of the hard drive. I can't really send it in anymore, since it was taken apart by the person who gave it to me.

Wait a moment!

Marcoao said:
I already have a site where I get all my repair parts and flash carts
Seraph said:
XWolf said:
Then WTF the original question?
wacko.gif
This is the problem with people today, they don't read(including the TC). His original question calls for a tutorial or guide. He is NOT
Marcoao said:
Marcoao said:
Seraph said:
asking for iso's or roms..at least not in his original post. Read the 3rd post and google, that's your only option unless you replace the DVD drive. I don't think modchips can run games off the HDD.
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Apr 1 2010, 11:49 PM)
First off, the guy never asked for a link to warez. He was wondering if it was possible to pirate 360 games. By possible he didn't mean "Can I download them?" but rather "What do I need to do to my Xbox to do that?" Anyway, problem solved, let's end it here.

And yes, it is possible with the methods people listed. Still, there's stuff like banning going around, so be careful.
I am getting accused of not reading it properly? He asked about sorting out a mod chip then announced he has a place that handles them and therefore would know the answer... I never mentioned Roms and neither did he!

Now the thread may have dissolved into something more along those lines later but seriously, Marcoao, I do read!

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod chips can't play games off the 360. Only a JTAG console can.

There are only a few modchips for Xbox360 and most of them no longer work, or only on specific older drives.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.