Hacking Is there any way to make RXMode stay active after tuning the 3ds off or going to system settings?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Install menuhax and set it to autoboot if no button is pressed, then install CtrBootManager by renaming boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx and placing the two ctrbootmanager files on the SD. Then your 3DS will boot into rxMode automatically whenever powered on, and when you exit system settings or any other title that reboots the system. It takes a few seconds extra compared to booting the 3DS normally, but it's almost as good as what you're asking.

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Exit SystemSettings will reboot your console always. You could:

Setup menuhax to trigger the hax when the system inits, and use ctrBootManager as boot.3dsx.
Make rxtools.dat be your default entry, and voilá, you're done. <only works 9.0-9.2>

D

Deleted User

Install menuhax and set it to autoboot if no button is pressed, then install CtrBootManager by renaming boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx and placing the two ctrbootmanager files on the SD. Then your 3DS will boot into rxMode automatically whenever powered on, and when you exit system settings or any other title that reboots the system. It takes a few seconds extra compared to booting the 3DS normally, but it's almost as good as what you're asking.

This is most certainly the best way, as it is non-intrusive and sets up an easy way to reconfigure your boot options later if you mess up your emuNAND (as well as being able to boot homebrew without launching system menu).

I do this and just have the timer set to not wait at all.

Chocolate28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks dude.

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt it possible to creat a way to simple "flip" between sysnand and emunand?

I think HomeMenuHax is about as good as we're gonna get, there. If I want to switch, I just reboot my 3DS, and if I want SysNAND I hold L, simple as that. But I don't think it's really possible to do so without a reboot. I mean, you can go SysNAND->EmuNAND through any old entrypoint, but it's never going to be as simple as flipping a switch to go "Boop! EmuNAND. Boop! SysNAND."

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I think HomeMenuHax is about as good as we're gonna get, there. If I want to switch, I just reboot my 3DS, and if I want SysNAND I hold L, simple as that. But I don't think it's really possible to do so without a reboot. I mean, you can go SysNAND->EmuNAND through any old entrypoint, but it's never going to be as simple as flipping a switch to go "Boop! EmuNAND. Boop! SysNAND."

Ehehe, it was exactly what i wanted. With the "Boop" inclueded (and cute graphics for the menu icon)

No, because emunand and sysnand are not programs that you could alt-tab between, they're complete operating systems, like dual booting Linux and Windows.

What about importing my SYSnand games and saves? And NintendoID?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s