Is there any way to make RXMode stay active after tuning the 3ds off or going to system settings?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chocolate28, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Chocolate28
    OP

Chocolate28 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    Canada
    title

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    no

wormdood likes this.
  3. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    if you turn an operative machine you terminate every single process... so or you turn forever the 3ds on or you can't.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Install menuhax and set it to autoboot if no button is pressed, then install CtrBootManager by renaming boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx and placing the two ctrbootmanager files on the SD. Then your 3DS will boot into rxMode automatically whenever powered on, and when you exit system settings or any other title that reboots the system. It takes a few seconds extra compared to booting the 3DS normally, but it's almost as good as what you're asking.

5. Pokéidiot

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    Exit SystemSettings will reboot your console always. You could:

Setup menuhax to trigger the hax when the system inits, and use ctrBootManager as boot.3dsx.
    Make rxtools.dat be your default entry, and voilá, you're done. <only works 9.0-9.2>

6. williamdabastrd

williamdabastrd GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    This is most certainly the best way, as it is non-intrusive and sets up an easy way to reconfigure your boot options later if you mess up your emuNAND (as well as being able to boot homebrew without launching system menu).

I do this and just have the timer set to not wait at all.

7. Chocolate28
    OP

Chocolate28 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks dude.

8. SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Bulgaria
    Isnt it possible to creat a way to simple "flip" between sysnand and emunand?

9. Rattor

Rattor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    No, because emunand and sysnand are not programs that you could alt-tab between, they're complete operating systems, like dual booting Linux and Windows.

10. Jaitsu

Jaitsu Yet Another GBATemp Furry

Jun 2, 2015
    United States
    I think HomeMenuHax is about as good as we're gonna get, there. If I want to switch, I just reboot my 3DS, and if I want SysNAND I hold L, simple as that. But I don't think it's really possible to do so without a reboot. I mean, you can go SysNAND->EmuNAND through any old entrypoint, but it's never going to be as simple as flipping a switch to go "Boop! EmuNAND. Boop! SysNAND."

11. SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Bulgaria
    Ehehe, it was exactly what i wanted. With the "Boop" inclueded (and cute graphics for the menu icon)

What about importing my SYSnand games and saves? And NintendoID?