Hacking Is there any way to launch WiiWare as you would backups in vWii?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any sort of loaders that let you pick from a list of WiiWare titles instead of installing each title individually? Cheers,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any sort of loaders that let you pick from a list of WiiWare titles instead of installing each title individually? Cheers,
yes. two methods of doin this. 1 using an original wii that has homebrew channel already installed. load wiiflow and extract your nand too sd card or hard drive. or 2 using modmii to create and emunand on your pc. either way once you have used one of these methods you can then use showmii wads to add games (wiiware and vc) . once you have done this they wi.l now be able to be played and loaded via wiiflow (best option). or by any other means you have to load these games. if you want help i dont mind :)

once this emunand is created it does work on vwii

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yes on the normall wii its very quick and easy to load wiiflow and extract your nand. let me no once you have done this. you will then need showmii wads on you pc to add vc and wiiware. i promise you this is qiite a kl thing to do

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Just realised I backed up my vWii nand initially as I followed this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
I've opened it in ShowMiiNand and then opened all my WiiWare files, what do I do next? How do I export it and run it from WiiFlow?

stop right there dude. do not tamper with your vwii nand i dunno what the out come could be. plz start from the begining and get a copy of an original wii nand or create one using modmii plz dont waist your time trying to modify a vwii nand.

once you have done this message me again. basically once you open your WII NAND (not VWII) in showmii wads you will have to select showmii nand and then it will appear. after this you just drag and drop your vc and wiiware wads. after this you may need to change a small setting in wiiflow for them too show up (they should show up automatically)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Stopped. How do I backup my nand using the latest version of WiiFlow? Can't find a guide on it anywhere...

lolz i had to work all this emunand out myself as there is very few decent guides. load the new wiiflow on the original wii and the press home button there will be settings click on them and it should say somewhere extract nand. when you do this if it says directory doesnt exist then you will need to create a EMUNAND folder in wiiflow. msg me when your done or get stuck

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers - I really can't see the option to extract the nand anywhere though - I've tried the settings menu from every source

*EDIT* - wait, just found it, but when I run it it says 'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!' This flashes on the screen and the progress bar freezes :(

I have an external HDD connected as well as a standard SD card.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
crimsonnight

1. go to wiiflow
2.go to settings
3.go to nand emulation (it says set) click on it
4.it will ask at the bottom would you like to extract your nand =yes
also in this setting you want nand emulation turned on to full
plz msg me when you are done and if you cant find these settings you defo have the wrong wiiflow

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Jammy, sorry I posted my initial edit just before your first reply - I've found it, but can't get it to work for some reason :(

*EDIT* Is there an alternative app I can use to extract my nand?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have both - have also tried memory sticks

'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!'

*EDIT* How about FSToolbox - dumping the whole root directory?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Have both - have also tried memory sticks

'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!'
this is gonna be a big pain in the a?s? to explain.
right i will have to go through all of this later tonight to make sure my guide for you is spot on.
1. create a EMUNAND folder in wiiflow (NOT the wiiflow in the apps folder) if there isnt one already

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Jammy, I'm just going to dump my whole root directory to my SD card using FSToolbox, that should be sufficient right?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Jammy, I'm just going to dump my whole root directory to my SD card using FSToolbox, that should be sufficient right?

ye that would be better for testing. give me a few hours and ill send you a guide or maybe even upload a video. the only reason ill do this is because i no theres proper guides and this is a kl feature most people should have :)

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers and you're right - it's be really hard to find any info at all on this process

What do you mean 'for testing' though? My aim is to use ShowMiiWads to integrate my WiiWare titles into a USB Loader-style format to make them easy to sieve through - I'll be able to do that with my FSToolbox dump won't I?

I still don't know what to do with ShowMiiWads once I import the nand though. From what I've dug up:

1. I 'Change the NAND backup path' to the FSToolbox dump location
  2. I 'Create common key'
  3. I then open my folder containing my .wads (WiiWare titles)
  4. Highlight them all and select 'extract'
What do I do after that point if the above is indeed correct?

*EDIT* I got the following error when dumping my nand: "Error: fopen(sd:/FSTOOLBOX/title/00010000/52483650/data/HP:HBP0) returned 0"

I chose to 'continue anyway' - will that error effect the overall process at all?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers and you're right - it's be really hard to find any info at all on this process

What do you mean 'for testing' though? My aim is to use ShowMiiWads to integrate my WiiWare titles into a USB Loader-style format to make them easy to sieve through - I'll be able to do that with my FSToolbox dump won't I?

I still don't know what to do with ShowMiiWads once I import the nand though. From what I've dug up:

1. I 'Change the NAND backup path' to the FSToolbox dump location
  2. I 'Create common key'
  3. I then open my folder containing my .wads (WiiWare titles)
  4. Highlight them all and select 'extract'
What do I do after that point if the above is indeed correct?

so far so good then :) the only part your missing is on showmii wads it should say at the top about setting and showmii nand needs to be marked it is default set to showmii wad.

if all went well then your nand should appear on showmiiwads. and then its as simple as drag and drop a wad game into the nand

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for your help! Did you see my edit about the error? Is everything sill on track?

What do I do after that process though, do I just drag the folder onto my hard drive then open it through WiiFlow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs