Is there any way to know my modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by boomario, Dec 6, 2012.

Dec 6, 2012
  1. boomario
    OP

Member boomario Nothing to say here.

Brazil
    Ok, i recently got a used Wii with System menu 4.0U and Serial Starting LU 37 (Drive GC2-D2E, according to some people),
    he comes with no softmod and with only 2 games, i softmodded my wii and everything, but after some while i see the wii menu recognized the burned disc and runned the game in disc channel, so for me this means he have modchip, but the question is: What modchip it is? There's some way to know without open him? Like secret modchip menus or compatibility? I tried to ask the old owner too but he dint knew if the wii was hardmodded :(
    Thanks for help and sorry for something.

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    High chance of it being a Wii Key or a clone, if you soft mod your Wii you can pretty much ignore the fact that it's in there. (Some advantages to having it chipped but not as much as there used to be.)

If you get a Tri Wing screw driver you can also carefully look inside and see what it is.

3. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    how did you softmod it? it COULD be that you installed darkcorp with it (software wich replaced all the IOS's in the wii so it can read burned disc directly from the disc channel)

4. boomario
    OP

Brazil
    I installed HBC and bootmii@boot2 with Bannerbomb, installed some ioses including 236 and D2X and CFG USB Loader, nothing more, soon i will post a syscheck to be sure about that.

EDIT: Here it is:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. boomario
    OP

Brazil
    So, any help?
    Oh, and a quick and foolish question, there's any use of a USB keyboard on Wii except Internet channel and linux? We can use for games like VC, wiiware and some others? Even some rare wii games?

And sorry for double post :(