Hacking Is there any way to install .CIA files with Ninjhax 2.0 and without Gateway?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...Speaking as someone who's just now getting into 3DS hacking (and I mean only just), the information is not very neatly assembled. Yes, there are stickies, but it requires one to have followed the progress of the scene for a while, given that there are few to no "Total N00b Instructions" threads. There is no new/base user education. One thing I will say in favor of the viewpoint of folks like @usernametaken and @kheldar is that there IS a 3DS hacking sticky dedicated to newbies to post questions.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...Speaking as someone who's just now getting into 3DS hacking (and I mean only just), the information is not very neatly assembled. Yes, there are stickies, but it requires one to have followed the progress of the scene for a while, given that there are few to no "Total N00b Instructions" threads. There is no new/base user education. One thing I will say in favor of the viewpoint of folks like @usernametaken and @kheldar is that there IS a 3DS hacking sticky dedicated to newbies to post questions.
That and you've got a situation where Smea (the one who basically more or less created Ninjhax, tubehax, and ironhax) said that Ninjhax 2.0 has all the same features and functionality as Ninjhax 1.1.

Proof:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633851727976923136
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633856803944574976

Reactions: Snintendog

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That and you've got a situation where Smea (the one who basically more or less created Ninjhax, tubehax, and ironhax) said that Ninjhax 2.0 has all the same features and functionality as Ninjhax 1.1.

Proof:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633851727976923136
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633856803944574976

But you still need exploits to be able to do stuff even if you have an entrypoint. Most of the exploits were patched past 9.2 so if the firmware is above 9.2, it doesn't matter what you use, it simply won't work until new exploits are found.

Reactions: Zidapi

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe there will sometime an exploit found to downgrade on 9.2 or lower i think. The other step will be that smealum set ninjhax 2.x open source so that other devs found another exploits to install cfws etc

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you still need exploits to be able to do stuff even if you have an entrypoint. Most of the exploits were patched past 9.2 so if the firmware is above 9.2, it doesn't matter what you use, it simply won't work until new exploits are found.

I know, just was adding a bit more to the topic of why people would be so confused getting into the scene. I understand that what made the pre-9.3 stuff work was not just having an entrypoint (Ninjhax 1.1, OoT), but having the means and ability to daisychain bugs and exploits to give the soft/firmware increased/added permissions. It's just that when people like Smea says those kind of things, it makes noobs confused because people like Smea are looked on as experts within the community.

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Ninjhax 2.0 no.
If your 3DS is on 9.2 firmware or lower, you can with Ninjhax 1.1 though.

If his 3ds is on 9.2 or lower he does not even need to use Ninjhax at all to even do it he can just use his SD card that come with his 3ds just like i did.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And installing cia files....
:)

My understanding was that Ninjhax 2.0 was fully capable of installing cia files but doing so requires launching with an exploit with high enough access. The problem comes from the fact that any situation where 2.0 will launch and 1.1 wont involves an exploit that doesn't provide enough enough level access to install cia files.

If this is the case, making his work open source won't make that happen any faster, since what we need is a new exploit on 9.3+ to give access to those functions of the firmware.

Reactions: lemanuel

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Exactly. Being open source just means that it will be easier for the devs of the CFW to adapt their works to run with Ninjhax 2.0 or its variants. It does NOT mean that it will bring any change about ppl past 9.2 not being able to play roms or install CIAs. That will only change with a new exploit.

Reactions: Korma

orangy57

bruh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Being open source just means that it will be easier for the devs of the CFW to adapt their works to run with Ninjhax 2.0 or its variants. It does NOT mean that it will bring any change about ppl past 9.2 not being able to play roms or install CIAs. That will only change with a new exploit.
Thanks for the clarification. I keep getting "no"s and "maybe"s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...