Homebrew Is there any way to have MSU-1 audio in VirtuaNES/snes9x?

seren3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently discovered the awesomeness that is MSU-1 audio hacking, is it possible to load MSU-1 audio OST's on the 3ds?

It'd be amazing to play Castlevania with an orchestal soundtrack.

Examples of games with imported MSU-1 soundtracks:

Last edited by seren3,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be able to experience MSU-1 enhanced games on the new 3DS using PinBox.

Emulate the game on desktop snes9x and then upstream the video output to the 3DS. I think PinBox has wireless controller setting, too.

As for the sound, use bluetooth headphones.

I know it's not really emulating on the 3DS itself or travel friendly, but that's the only way I can think of at this moment in pulling it off.

seren3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be able to experience MSU-1 enhanced games on the new 3DS using PinBox.

Emulate the game on desktop snes9x and then upstream the video output to the 3DS. I think PinBox has wireless controller setting, too.

As for the sound, use bluetooth headphones.

I know it's not really emulating on the 3DS itself or travel friendly, but that's the only way I can think of at this moment in pulling it off.

That sounds like a clever idea, but I don't think my current router supports packet forwarding, and gaming on a VPS sounds like it'd have a lot of latency.

I've been picking over the documentation for blargSNES and snes9x and I can't tell if it's been implemented or not. There seems to be very little discussion about this, but in the last few months zeldix.net has been churning these things out like wildfire.

Last edited by seren3,
D

Deleted User

Hmm... I'm not too sure. If the codes are already available for Snes9x, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult.

I won't be trying this personally, but I welcome any devs to do a pull request to implement this. :)

Quote from bubble2k16´s post in the snes9x for 3ds thread. His answer to my question if MSU-1 audio would be possible on the 3DS.

MSU-1 audio is supported in the Snes9x GX 4.3.8 for the Wii though. (Perhaps in 4.3.9 too.)

Reactions: seren3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed