Is there any way to get Mach Breakers: Numan Athletics 2 emulated on the N3DS?

Nezha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title implies, I've taken a liking to the game but it seems only available on the Namco NB-2 arcade board, which I'm unsure the N3DS can emulate. If so, digging around hasn't yielded much for me. Is it even possible?

Reactions: Modular511

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title implies, I've taken a liking to the game but it seems only available on the Namco NB-2 arcade board, which I'm unsure the N3DS can emulate. If so, digging around hasn't yielded much for me. Is it even possible?
mame is the emulator., this isn't google.... stop being lazy.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
mame is the emulator., this isn't google.... stop being lazy.
The reason that Google is full of answers is because people ask questions, get answers, and Google indexes them. Right now this thread is at the top of Google for how to emulate games for the Namco NB-2 arcade board, and none of the other top results say anything more than to use MAME.

Is Mame the answer? Which version of Mame? On the 3DS alone Retroarch has 4 cores for different versions of MAME iirc, and MAME is hardly simple with its bizarre approach to playing ROMs and using ROM sets.

Nezha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason that Google is full of answers is because people ask questions, get answers, and Google indexes them. Right now this thread is at the top of Google for how to emulate games for the Namco NB-2 arcade board, and none of the other top results say anything more than to use MAME.

Is Mame the answer? Which version of Mame? On the 3DS alone Retroarch has 4 cores for different versions of MAME iirc, and MAME is hardly simple with its bizarre approach to playing ROMs and using ROM sets.
This is indeed my main issue. Many results come in saying it's impossible, but then again it's from people who see the emulation as illegitimate or was during an era where Nintendo's security updates were frequent enough that it doesn't seem CFW had time to properly flourish before needing to focus on the next patch.

Of course, other results come in saying it is possible, with flimsier answers that are a bit hard to extract in practical knowledge. I have heard of MAME and tried to do some digging, but the association between that and the 3DS is tangential at absolute best. I was hoping the ultimate injector might have something I need as it's what I use for GBA and NES games, but to no avail. I don't mind doing more of my own research, but I'm simply curious if it's a fool's errand or not given what I got so far, as I can completely understand incompatibilities that may need an outright port to work and that's just plain above my paygrade.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there's a big thread for MAME on 3DS somewhere round here. Someone there can probably put you on the right track. I did a quick search but didn't find it.

Reactions: Nezha

Nezha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a big thread for MAME on 3DS somewhere round here. Someone there can probably put you on the right track. I did a quick search but didn't find it.
The fact that it may exist is enough for me. Thank you.

If anyone else finds it, it would also be nice to post it here. Both for my search and the fact that it was aforementioned that this thread apparently shows up in the Google index to help others who may need it as well.

Reactions: retrospect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free