Homebrew Is there any way to get DS games on my CFW 3DS?

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
sure, if you don't want to use your retail ds games you can get them via flashcard, if your r4 is too old you still can use TWL slot one launcher patcher, if you mean get isos and install them directly into your sd, then I am afraid you are out of luck.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was 3desume just released? I actually looked into it yesterday and couldn't find a release. Mind linking me?
For future reference, I recommend you install devkitARM, so you can be able to build the source when a proper binary isn't available. Anyway, here's the freshest build you'll be able to find, sitting at around two minutes old! :)

Attachments

• 3DeSmume-master.7z
    453.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 3DeSmume-master.7z
    453.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by Logan Pockrus,
Reactions: Ryccardo

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

craftsygaming

Genning for verlis
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For future reference, I recommend you install devkitARM, so you can be able to build the source when a proper binary isn't available. Anyway, here's the freshest build you'll be able to find, sitting at around two minutes old! :)

lol tysm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also where do i put the .nds file?

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a flashcart
Here, I'll even make it easier for you, buy this one from this site
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
/end of thread
Ditto with this card being recommended. My personal favorite DS flashcart so far because its main kernel is r4wood, which is one of the best UI's to use and one of the nicest looking. It's the card I personally use.
Or this: http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146
Optional: If you want the games on your HOME Menu, try making forwarders. They work with that card. ;)
I honestly didn't like the UI on this card. It just makes the card seem cheap to me, and I also had some issues with usrcheat.bin not being read properly which added a lot of buggy text to the cheat list.

craftsygaming

Genning for verlis
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto with this card being recommended. My personal favorite DS flashcart so far because its main kernel is r4wood, which is one of the best UI's to use and one of the nicest looking. It's the card I personally use.

I honestly didn't like the UI on this card. It just makes the card seem cheap to me, and I also had some issues with usrcheat.bin not being read properly which added a lot of buggy text to the cheat list.

Have a couple questions

1) where can i buy it used?
2) whats the reccomended amount of storage

Liambass

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a couple questions

They're fairly hard to come by used, to be fair though, they're cheap enough that there isn't really any point buying used. As for storage, it depends how mang games you want, I should think 4GB would be sufficient, perhaps 8GB, I wouldn't by it with the cart though, the SD cards always seem rather pricey on those sites.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you decide to buy a flashcart (which is honestly your best option), I recommend you use GBATemp's sponsor. Support the 'temp!

(And that experimental NDS emulator is N3DS only, by the way.)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a couple questions

1) http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
2) 4GB should be plenty, and you can get 8GB if you want to put a lot of games on there. I recommend not buying SD cards bundled with the card from these suppliers though, as they are much more expensive than if you were to buy them from either amazon or a local store. Just make sure you pick up a microSD, and not a regular SD.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have a couple questions

It doesn't seem that the flashcard in question supports SDXC, so avoid anything higher than 32GB.
The 3DS itself can take higher, though - as long as it's FAT32 format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water