ROM Hack Is there any way to extract the content of a BIN file of a game?

Newtrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i already extract the game using braindump, i extracted the exefs and the romfs, but i have others BIN files and i want to extract them, or just edit them. Is there any possible way to do this?

upload_2016-8-3_2-12-22.png

upload_2016-8-3_2-12-50.png

upload_2016-8-3_2-13-26.png

Between, the game is Rune Factory 4.

Last edited by Newtrat,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally speaking .bin is a generic extension used for thousands of file formats across computing with nothing in particular linking them up, indeed I can well imagine you have dozens of examples of different formats using the extension .bin right there. It could also be that the devs renamed existing files .bin so it might be that one or more of them is a known format but you are going to have to look at them and see.
It might be that you can extract one or more of those further but .bin itself, even the names and directory names and file sizes, are not that helpful.

Time to have fun with a hex editor.

Reactions: Newtrat

Newtrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it's time to go on a hex editor, i always corrupt my saves/games :glare: I know a very little about hexadecimal.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When all is said and done nobody knows much of anything about what hex editors show. They merely show the contents of a file and with some other knowledge that may help you figure out what they do. Hex editors are not magic tools and hex editing is not a magic technique, such things are in fact very crude but it is a good place to start in these sorts of situations.

On corruption this is why we work on copies and have backups of work done and things like saves. Also it is not a fast method but if you corrupt something in the resulting game and know what you have changed then you now know what that file/section is responsible for.

Newtrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's why i alway have a backup with me. But i don't know what section is what. Even if editing it result as a corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho