Is there any way to edit the NAND's CID?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ArmoredGuns1, Oct 19, 2016.

1. ArmoredGuns1
    OP

ArmoredGuns1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    My goal is to remove the 7 day transfer limit. Yes, I know it's server sided. That being said, there must be something that they're reading in the 3DS to check if the console has been in a System Transfer in the current days.

What are they reading from the 3DS though? I tested Secure Info A, changing the Serial Number, it doesn't work to remove the limit. What else could they be reading? Perhaps the NAND's CID? In that case, is there a way to edit it? Of course, I have ARM9loaderhax installed.

2. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    No, you can't since it's built into the 3DS.

If anyone can confirm this, please do. This question seems intriguing.

3. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    Maybe we can patch it on the fly

4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    It probably can't be permanently changed, but a luma3ds or ntr patch might be able to temporarily change it.

However, even a temporary change would still require a9lh.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    pretty sure it will be the device certs that are responsible for eshop access etc, so even if you do patch it you wouldn't be able to transfer any content from the original system as it would essentially be classed as a totally different system by the Nintendo servers so you would need to buy whatever it is you were hoping to transfer ( I assume this is with the hopes of performing multiple dsi downgrades or something?), also worth mentioning that you would probably need the donor info from another real 3ds too rather than just garbage data

6. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    What would all be needed from the donor 3DS to make it appear as if it was that one to be interacting with Nintendo's servers?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    iirc it has already been done by yifanlu to use a region changed console to access the eshop, i will see if i can pull up a thread, but that method wouldnt work for a system transfer afaik as once the system performs a system transfer i think it reboots t finish at which point the 3DS would be locked into the system transfer process but unable to run NTR to re-patch the console ID for the last step of the system transfer

8. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Ah gotcha. I thought the NTR patching was useful when one does not have a donor console. I was hoping it was a simple as injecting secure info, friends list, etc.. to make it look like the system was the donor as opposed to the base.

9. ArmoredGuns1
    OP

ArmoredGuns1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    That's exactly what I'm planning to do. I want to hack many of my friends' 3DS, but they're in version 11. In order to do the DSiware hack, I need to buy Fieldrunners each time I make a transfer anyways. I would've no problem in buying the game every time, but the 7 day server wait is an issue. Is a Luma patch feasible for this.