Is there any way to dump Aurora's database of my games list to a .csv or even a txt file?

hatred69a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all, and thanks to everybody on this site, I have learned so much here its really wonderful and very much appreciated. So I run Aurora on my rgh system, and im slowly reaching the 400 game mark, and frankly that is too many games for me to remember all of their names. This has resulted in me re-downloading games I already had and feeling stupid as a result. Is there any script and or homebrew program I can run that can do this for me? I'm not looking for anything fancy here, hell i would simply settle for a text file just listing each games name on a seperate line.

So consider this an attempt to save both bandwidth as well as my sanity, Google is usually my friend on stuff like this, but after searching for a day or two, and coming up with little answers, I have decided to come here to the community and reach out for assistance. Any assistance would be appreciated, and sorry to bug as well.

Testo007

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Hi,
just registered to help out ;-)
I had the same problem and solved it as follows:
You have to copy the Aurora DB to your PC - for Windpws 7 or later you use the app "DB Browser for SQLite" (SQLiteDatabaseBrowserPortable.exe) to open the Aurora file content.db which is in the Aurora/Data/Databases/ directory.
There is one caveat though. You can not access/copy the file while Aurora is running. So either boot with fsd3 via dashlaunches button short-cuts or into FSD while running Aurora. Use the file manager to copy content.db to usb and open it with the DB-app. (For MacOS/Linux use a DB-app for SQL-lite format)

Copy the tab containing the game database (or save as csv), open in a spreadsheet app and do what you want to do.
This method gives you also all the info like media/title id, release year aso.

If you edit the database e.g. change description texts / title names / path names always rename (BACKUP!!) the old content.db file on the Xbox360 itself (to an additional BU on the PC) BEFORE copying the edited content.db to the Xbox- I learned the lesson the hard way ;-)

Hope this helps

Testo007

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
The problem is when Aurora is running the database is locked. Via fsd3 (h t t p) you cannot connect to the database and ftp it to the PC is more fuss than to copy (as you need a backup anyway) to usb.

Imho working over a network with an "unstable" link like fsd/wlan in between is a guarantee to get more trouble.
In IT more comfort means less secure - my experience for 30+ years.

hatred69a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hearty thank you Testo007, really really appreciated your reply. It took a little while, but knew that this community would not let me down.

rngrpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI,

Aurora WILL let you FTP the database to pc while running. Literally just did this at this moment. FlashFXP to Aurora database and copied to pc fine.
Thanks for the tip on DB software, helping me go through my 800+ games so far.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol