Is there any way to download things onto your usb and/or sd through yo

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UKTone, Sep 3, 2009.

1. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know you can use a cheat manager to download a gct from usbgecko (?) website, but is there anyway to download other stuff such as music, programs, wads, etc.?

If there is way (s) to download multiple different kinds of things, what are they?

2. YellowYoYos

Member YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. UKTone
    OP

United States
    Aww i was just about to ask if using linux would work, never put wii linux on my wii or anything before and definitely don't know how.

Well thanks anyway.

4. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's not entirely true, the homebrew browser allows downloading of programs.

5. UKTone
    OP

United States
    Yeah that was kind of why I was hoping there would already be a way to download anything you want using some homebrew application..... I googled "linux for wii" and clicked the "wiibrew - wii linux" wiki link but don't know how to get it for my homebrew (said stuff about gui in the wiki, not trying unless i'm sure of what to do) and not sure if you can download, but in the wiki it had a heading saying something like Things Wii Linux Can't Do and under it, it said "Nothing".

I don't understand how to make an html for web servers to see if i could download that way.....

I definitely don't know how to make apps for downloading.....

Is there like a suggestion thread or something for Waninko/homebrew creators/etc., I will ask for a wad downloader to download into your wad folder, an app that allows you to download anything onto your sd card, and/or to possibly teach us how to make apps to download something specific, other things in same webpage, and/or from multiple websites?

Would it be wrong, or should I not ask, or suggest things like this?

6. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    You can use the Hombrew Browser to download homebrew.

7. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    What it sounds like is you're asking for something to download illegal wad files onto your SD card because you cant figure out how to pirate them properly with your computer (or your young and your parents are restrictive with your computer usage). Either way its kind of pointless and would only add a minimal amount of convenience. Besides Hombrew Browser (which provides legitimate-only software) you're outta luck.

However I think it would be neat to see a torrent app for the Wii.