ROM Hack Is there any way to downgrade old nintendo 3DS runninig 11.5 stock firmware to 11.3?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You no longer need to downgrade, but you do have 3 options
NTRBoot: This will require you to buy a compatible flashcart and install an exploited firm on it order order to hack your system. Basically this does have some options to it as there are users selling pre-exploited carts on the forums as well the new NDS file has been released. So you can basically exploit your cart using an old NDS(lite/phat.) Regardless this method does need either an R4i Gold (url on cart: r4ids.cn) or an Acekard 2i that has be exploited by either using an already hacked 3DS or a DS(lite/phat) This method also requires a strong enough magnet in order to trick the system into sleepmode
Hardmod: Which requires soldering skills and a few parts in order for it to work
DSiwarehax: This requires an already hacked system to install the exploit into a DSiware game and transfer that to your target system.

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not possible to downgrad, but it's not required anymore, since every firmware can now be hacked. Just go with NTRboot or hardmod. NTRboot is still cheap to do and from what I can tell, you'll soon be able to do it without another pre-hacked 3ds.

Reactions: SanDx

SanDx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Its not possible to downgrad, but it's not required anymore, since every firmware can now be hacked. Just go with NTRboot or hardmod. NTRboot is still cheap to do and from what I can tell, you'll soon be able to do it without another pre-hacked 3ds.
Well I can't buy R4 card in my place, so that means the only choice I have is to wait?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BetterDuck What? Of course you can downgrade. You can do whatever the heck you want to now (and recover from it, if "whatever you want" causes a brick :rofl2:). The question would be WHY would you want to? (other than the Gateway team is slow as hell)

Reactions: BetterDuck

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BetterDuck What? Of course you can downgrade. You can do whatever the heck you want to now (and recover from it, if "whatever you want" causes a brick :rofl2:). The question would be WHY would you want to? (other than the Gateway team is slow as hell)
Oh shit, I'm retarded. I didn't think about downgrading through NTRboot. I really should avoid these forums when I'm tired. I guess I was dead wrong here.

SanDx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
You no longer need to downgrade, but you do have 3 options
NTRBoot: This will require you to buy a compatible flashcart and install an exploited firm on it order order to hack your system. Basically this does have some options to it as there are users selling pre-exploited carts on the forums as well the new NDS file has been released. So you can basically exploit your cart using an old NDS(lite/phat.) Regardless this method does need either an R4i Gold (url on cart: r4ids.cn) or an Acekard 2i that has be exploited by either using an already hacked 3DS or a DS(lite/phat) This method also requires a strong enough magnet in order to trick the system into sleepmode
Hardmod: Which requires soldering skills and a few parts in order for it to work
DSiwarehax: This requires an already hacked system to install the exploit into a DSiware game and transfer that to your target system.
But I can't buy r4 card in my place, the online retailers don't deliver here. So, if I wait, will other easier methods be available soon?
or, should I go with the downgrade?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But I can't buy r4 card in my place, the online retailers don't deliver here. So, if I wait, will other easier methods be available soon?
If you are on 11.5, then there's simply no way to downgrade as there's no kernel exploit. Although you really shouldn't downgrade anyways because it's no longer a needed step. You either need to go with a hardmod or dsiwarehax (which requires another prehacked system)
Otherwise you are going to have to wait for a kernel exploit for 11.4+

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm sure lasthax will be released sometime within the next year and as far as I can tell, it only needs Flipnote Studio 3D, so you may want to wait for that.

SanDx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
If you are on 11.5, then there's simply no way to downgrade as there's no kernel exploit. Although you really shouldn't downgrade anyways because it's no longer a needed step. You either need to go with a hardmod or dsiwarehax (which requires another prehacked system)
Otherwise you are going to have to wait for a kernel exploit for 11.4+
wait for a kernel exploit for 11.4+?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm sure lasthax will be released sometime within the next year and as far as I can tell, it only needs Flipnote Studio 3D, so you may want to wait for that.
The flipnote exploit at this time does not have a definite answer to if its just a userland or a kernel. It ifs just userland then its gonna be useless for putting full CFW on any 3ds system. Same with rpg maker player

Reactions: BetterDuck

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wait for a kernel exploit for 11.4+?
A kernel exploit that effects 11.4 (and most like 11.5 because 11.5 didn't add a new NATIVE_FIRM nor much in the line of security.) Basically the same exploits that you used to find with previous methods of hacking, such gaining the ability to downgrade your system to an exploitable OFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn