Hacking Homebrew Is there any way to do vWii modding without installing Wii U CFW?

ExperiencersInternational

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The title is self explanatory, I was looking at wiiu.hacks.guide and there's a section on modding the vWii, but one of the requirements is to have the Tiramisu CFW installed by the looks of it.

I don't particularly want to install custom firmware yet on my Wii U, all I want to really do is get Homebrew Channel running and use Wiimmfi Patcher (for AC:LGTTC) and Nintendont.

Is there any way that this is possible? Also, since this is relevant, I do have CTGP-R installed on the vWii but it doesn't involve any IOS patching.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#top

I did come across this post, but it looks like it contains outdated information, particularly with running the Wii U homebrew launcher via a browser (I assume wiiuexploit.xyz works fine)

I don't own any of the games that are vulnerable to any vulnerabilities by the looks of it.
that's the tutorial I used. it is outdated, but it will still work. I don't know if there's another way to hack the vwii without using the wiiu side. this does not.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's the tutorial I used. it is outdated, but it will still work. I don't know if there's another way to hack the vwii without using the wiiu side. this does not.
I'm fine with going to wiiuexploit.xyz, I just don't want to mod the Wii U side of my Wii U, I've already had to use it for CTGP-R anyways.

I just want to make sure that all vWii apps function correctly with IOS patching (I don't really know a lot about it ngl)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually hacked my vWii a year before I hacked the Wii U, as Tiramisu was not released back then just yet, you still need to use the internet browser exploit but you don’t need CFW on Wii U to hack the vWii.

Edit: you can also install Wii U games on your system without CFW using said exploit, physical games only, meaning the game has to be released on disc, you either rip it using your own disc or if you know where to look you can get games off the eshop (again, only ones that released physically too) and install them on your system, no dlc or eshop/VC titles though, those require CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.