Hacking Is There Any Way To Boot Into EmuNAND On 10.1

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Gateway emuNAND on 9.7 and, upon booting up my 3DS for the first time in a while today, I discovered that it has been updated to 10.1 sysNAND (presumably one of my nieces/nephews updated it without telling me). Of course, this means I have no way to boot into Gateway mode/emuNAND. I do have Cubic Ninja, however. So, basically, I'm wondering (and hoping so), does homebrew on 10.1 offer any ways to boot into an already existing emuNAND, or should I break down and get a Sky3DS instead? I tried to look for solutions on the internet, but nobody seemed to have the same problem (presumably, because nobody is stupid enough to update sysNAND after already having emuNAND up-and-running. All help is appreciated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you have soldered before here is the diagram for a o3DS XL (you didn't mention the model, so im guessing here)
1iqev6i3vod2.jpg

or you have the option of getting it done by your friendly US based nandmodder @hundshamer if you dont have any experience soldering

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have soldered before here is the diagram for a o3DS XL (you didn't mention the model, so im guessing here)
1iqev6i3vod2.jpg

or you have the option of getting it done by your friendly US based nandmodder @hundshamer if you dont have any experience soldering
Your guess on the model is correct. My bad. Yeah, I know how to solder. What's this exactly? It appears to be adding a microUSB port that works with a modified microUSB>SD cord. Is there a software that goes along with this? Can I use a microUSB port from an old phone?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your guess on the model is correct. My bad. Yeah, I know how to solder. What's this exactly? It appears to be adding a microUSB port that works with a modified microUSB>SD cord. Is there a software that goes along with this? Can I use a microUSB port from an old phone?
you don't actually need to add a port, thats just if you want to add a permanent port in-case you need it again....but you can just solder the SD adapter straight to the 3DS and then write the backup using win32DiskImager

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't actually need to add a port, thats just if you want to add a permanent port in-case you need it again....but you can just solder the SD adapter straight to the 3DS and then write the backup using win32DiskImager
That shouldn't be a problem. Any exact instructions for the imaging part? I'm not super-savvy on the software side of things. Thanks a ton, by the way. This is a big help.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That shouldn't be a problem. Any exact instructions for the imaging part? I'm not super-savvy on the software side of things. Thanks a ton, by the way. This is a big help.
win32diskimager is really simple, it just allows a raw backup/restore of a drive,.....the 3DS will show up as a SD card btw, backup your current 10.1 nand before attempting to restore your <9.2 backup just to be safe

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
win32diskimager is really simple, it just allows a raw backup/restore of a drive,.....the 3DS will show up as a SD card btw, backup your current 10.1 nand before attempting to restore your <9.2 backup just to be safe
Roger that. Thanks again for all the help.

EDIT: Now I just need to find a small enough screwdriver, lol.

Last edited by AaronUzumaki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello