Is there any way to Backup Game Save Data on a lower Firmware with TNV?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TwilightWarrior, Jan 4, 2016.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    I would like to delete some games I downloaded from the PS Store before but now that I have TNV, I don't want to update. So is there any alternative to backup my save data just in case I want to reget the game?

2. TwilightWarrior
    OP

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Any ideas?

3. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    Yeah it's easy, just backup the whole Vita game to a PC/Mac, it stores the savedata along with it as I found when moving Persona 4 to another Vita on my PSN account the other day. Or you could do a full memory card backup to PC/Mac or PS3, will take longer though. Then if/when you restore the game you'll have all the saves as well. You will need to use qCMA on PC/Mac if you're on a previous firmware.

4. TwilightWarrior
    OP

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    I don't get how I could do it. How exactly do I even use QCMA? Like I plug my vita in and put it on and then I right click the icon in the system tray to get to backup manager but then what? My Vita wlays says it has to update when i connect to my PC and go to content manager.

5. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Turn off wifi on your vita, restart it then connect through USB.

Once backed up, you can backup/erase portions of a game like its updates or savedata. They're in separate folders.

Last edited by Duo8, Jan 7, 2016