Hacking Is there ANY way to add new functionality to the 3 ds?

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as im aware, the only new function avaliable is turning your 3ds into a awsome Firework Explosion.
Steps: Get your 3ds and put it on the microwave for about 5Min and wala, kaboooom.
You got yourself some 3d Battlefield explosions.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as im aware, the only new function avaliable is turning your 3ds into a awsome Firework Explosion.
Steps: Get your 3ds and put it on the microwave for about 5Min and wala, kaboooom.
thank you for being a dick and being sacrastic with a 2nd day newbie
you could just say no, no need to be mean, just 'cause you know things doesn't mean everyone does
have a nice day

to answer your question flip:
newer functionality will be added with firmware updates(just update your 3ds, tons of new features) and when the 3ds gets hacked

Reactions: 3 people

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
you could just say no, no need to be mean, just 'cause you know things doesn't mean everyone does
have a nice day

newer functionality will be added with firmware updates(just update your 3ds, tons of new features) and when the 3ds gets hacked
I'm pretty sure it's a joke....

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes a lot of smoke, it's not safe to do inside.
And it doesn't explode, it just kinda melts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIikjdkgT6U

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol will try this today
look at my last post
It's not all that cool

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
You could create some web apps designed for the browser's two screens. Take a look at [member='elisherer']'s WebKick (there's a thread for it around here somewhere) as an example. Other than that, no.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3d video recording was added late and that is pretty awesome. You can also download a few demos which is also kind of cool.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Functionality can be added with the only limit being what the hardware can possibly do, nintendo can potentially write drivers for the hardware to do things that it isn't doing now

flipsideglass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i do agree that the 3ds id pretty awesome, just wondering.
And im not offended, even if the post WERE offonsive, i wouldnd mind, b/c i know that the net is at least 65% immature petty dic/{holes.

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a nice day

Calm down man it was just a joke.
have a nice day

I'm pretty sure it's a joke....
Yeah it is...lol
does it work for the ds?
Yes it does my good sir, but they will be Call of Duty explosions not Battlefield
That makes a lot of smoke, it's not safe to do inside.
And it doesn't explode, it just kinda melts.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jIikjdkgT6U
This is where my joke came from.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well i'm used to people offensively attacking newbies for nothing here, i knew you weren't serious but that's a way of sarcasm that is used to mock people on the 'temp

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see that people already mentioned eShop apps and firmware updates so I won't dwell into that, but I will mention that the 3DS browser supports Java as far as I know and that means that if you create a website with an embedded Java application made specifically for the 3DS you may in fact add functionality to the console and it has been demonstrated by a few programmers already.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see that people already mentioned eShop apps and firmware updates so I won't dwell into that, but I will mention that the 3DS browser supports Java as far as I know and that means that if you create a website with an embedded Java application made specifically for the 3DS you may in fact add functionality to the console and it has been demonstrated by a few programmers already.
wait until the 3ds gets hacked
if it's anywhere like the psp functionality will rain down
edit: 1,499 posts XD

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3vsc.gif

There is no Java support on the 3DS browser.
That's Javascript.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...