Hacking Is there any way to access mame service menus in retro arch for vita?

Bobble2k20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m just wondering if it’s possible to access the service menu in the mame2000 core in retro arch for vita?
Do I have to remap buttons in RA to be able to access it, or is it even possible to access it? Anyone know how?

Thanks

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just wondering if it’s possible to access the service menu in the mame2000 core in retro arch for vita?
Do I have to remap buttons in RA to be able to access it, or is it even possible to access it? Anyone know how?

Thanks

R2 access the mame menu right?
So once you open that menu you get to see options like, dip switches (change difficulty settings, ect) or general options for assign the controls keys, ect in this very menu look for a "service button" go to that option and map say L2 to it and that will give you the in game service menu, which you will find the dip settings (in most games the settings inside those service menus are the same as the dip settings anyways.)

Which game are you playing or trying to change the settings?

Bobble2k20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
R2 access the mame menu right?
So once you open that menu you get to see options like, dip switches (change difficulty settings, ect) or general options for assign the controls keys, ect in this very menu look for a "service button" go to that option and map say L2 to it and that will give you the in game service menu, which you will find the dip settings (in most games the settings inside those service menus are the same as the dip settings anyways.)

Which game are you playing or trying to change the settings?

Ok, I’m using the latest version of RA on vita and the mame2000 core for all my mame games and they’re working good. I was just trying to figure out how to access the service menus for mame in game like I can do with mame4all on Android.
I was trying to get the Terminator 2 arcade gun game working, and I think I had to access the service menu to get it working on mame4all on Android. And I was trying to see is there any way to change the settings for Midnight Resistance to be able to map the controls to the joystick as that game was supposed to have one joystick for movement and one for firing in all directions on the arcade machine.

I’m not too knowledgeable on mapping the buttons in RA, can you tell how I can map the buttons needed to access the service menu in mame and save it to RA config please?

Thanks

davidgilmour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the vita does not have a R2 button! What we miss is the TAB button. That accesses the menu on a PC!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Slimer01

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Old ass post, but I wanted to add my $0.02 by saying I searched endlessly for a solution to this. Found nothing. I finally paired a BT keyboard to the Vita and hit [tab] like normal. Fixed er right up.

Happy Gaming!

Reactions: dragonz

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old ass post, but I wanted to add my $0.02 by saying I searched endlessly for a solution to this. Found nothing. I finally paired a BT keyboard to the Vita and hit [tab] like normal. Fixed er right up.

Happy Gaming!
I wonder if I can hook up BT keyboard to the vita tv?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all