Hacking Is there any way to access mame service menus in retro arch for vita?

Bobble2k20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m just wondering if it’s possible to access the service menu in the mame2000 core in retro arch for vita?
Do I have to remap buttons in RA to be able to access it, or is it even possible to access it? Anyone know how?

Thanks

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just wondering if it’s possible to access the service menu in the mame2000 core in retro arch for vita?
Do I have to remap buttons in RA to be able to access it, or is it even possible to access it? Anyone know how?

Thanks

R2 access the mame menu right?
So once you open that menu you get to see options like, dip switches (change difficulty settings, ect) or general options for assign the controls keys, ect in this very menu look for a "service button" go to that option and map say L2 to it and that will give you the in game service menu, which you will find the dip settings (in most games the settings inside those service menus are the same as the dip settings anyways.)

Which game are you playing or trying to change the settings?

Bobble2k20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
R2 access the mame menu right?
So once you open that menu you get to see options like, dip switches (change difficulty settings, ect) or general options for assign the controls keys, ect in this very menu look for a "service button" go to that option and map say L2 to it and that will give you the in game service menu, which you will find the dip settings (in most games the settings inside those service menus are the same as the dip settings anyways.)

Which game are you playing or trying to change the settings?

Ok, I’m using the latest version of RA on vita and the mame2000 core for all my mame games and they’re working good. I was just trying to figure out how to access the service menus for mame in game like I can do with mame4all on Android.
I was trying to get the Terminator 2 arcade gun game working, and I think I had to access the service menu to get it working on mame4all on Android. And I was trying to see is there any way to change the settings for Midnight Resistance to be able to map the controls to the joystick as that game was supposed to have one joystick for movement and one for firing in all directions on the arcade machine.

I’m not too knowledgeable on mapping the buttons in RA, can you tell how I can map the buttons needed to access the service menu in mame and save it to RA config please?

Thanks

davidgilmour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the vita does not have a R2 button! What we miss is the TAB button. That accesses the menu on a PC!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Embrace the 12 polygons and lack of anti-aliasing! Learn to love the sub-DS graphics because it's the gAMePlAY tHat CoUNts
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Triangle snake
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It looks like those cheap vacuum formed Halloween masks, paper thin, with printed graphics instead of shapes.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    So Joe Biden? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    wew lad I sure love not sleeping before going in ass-early for work
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Sleeping is for wimps.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Chew on some caffeine pills and raw-dog reality.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm a wimp
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Drugs are good for sleep
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I've heard
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Meth is also a good coffee replacement
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Speaking of which,
    I went to get evaluated for meth and now I'm waiting for the results.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I thought it was just Florida where
    you get spiked with meth
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Spike first, questions later.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    We can deal with it 50 years later
  • Veho @ Veho:
    How much time did he spend in prison for that? A week?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Not to mention the steak meals and security he probably got
  • Flame @ Flame:
    hello fellow humans *beep* *boop**bop*
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    Hello Boty :)
  • Veho @ Veho:
    O hai.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ohio
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ohio the state known for Corn