1. ComicMaster148

OP ComicMaster148 Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector

United States
    Is there any was to play burnt / reproduction disc on an unmodded ps1 and without a cheat device?

2. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    There is yes.

We can't discuss piracy here though.

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Seriously dude - I would not even count this as discussing piracy. All you need is a match or a paperclip, or any other means of holding down the button that suggests the lid is closed. Look for PSX Swap Trick on YouTube and you'll get the idea.

Aew4life and ComicMaster148 like this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Reproduction means various things, some of those will be

Earlier models have far less protections and may work as is. An earlier PS1 model working as is... that is a harder feat (between overheating and now decades old lasers... yeah, even a working laser on a later model is possibly easier said than done a lot of the time).

Later stuff. That gets more fun. There are swap methods that sort of do something but mod chip or cheat device, or a guess maybe a ODE in a little while as that looks to be a thing before long and maybe something else with a PS2 but I am less familiar with that one.
    I don't think we have any kind of easy pressing option or burner discs available at this point.

Basically continue with emulators or go mod chip, or wait and see what the ODE is going to end up doing.

Have I hallucinated the last however many years and whilst just reading the rules and site history?

5. Aew4life

Aew4life GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Look up swap trick I did it back in middle school in the 90s

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Or buy a PS2 and FMCB it.

I actually bought a chipped PS1 console, but I've yet to test if burned CD games work on it which I assume it does. No reason I'd have any reason to doubt the guy, I met up with him to buy it (it was like last year).

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    There are commercial swap-facilitating discs and parallel accessories, whether they count as "unmodded" and "not cheat devices" (the best-known ones are) makes for a fairly long discussion :P

8. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello.:)

If you want to have your original PSX a little longer:

Do not use this swap Tricks please....
    A little Reminder:
    The PSX Devices are about 20 - 25 Years old and that "Methods" maybe will give your PSX the Rest....
    Alternatively (as above suggested) you can get an chipped PSX or a Boot/Modchip if you have Solderskills.:)

The Suggestion from @Ryccardo (Parallelport) is very good.(Gameshark + Unirom for Example)

PlayStation 2 (with/without Modchip) is also a good Choice but maybe can fail on a "no longer good" Drive or not correct configured POPStarter....

Good Luck
    Thank you.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reproduction, unmodded, burnt