Homebrew Is there any special step that I must take to switch the content of the 3ds' SD Card slot? (Gateway)

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if the question is a bit confusing or in the wrong place.

Basically, I want to install a CIA file, which i placed on the SD card slot of the 3ds. However, the file is way too big to be imported, so I need a bigger card (it's just 4gb, though the actual space is less than 3gb. The CIA is almost 2 gb on its own, and I apparently need just as much extra space for it to be imported. The Micro SD on the Gateway cartridge has more tha enough space, so i know that the issue is the other card)

problem is, i got this gateway stuff as a present and it was alreayd ready to be used. Can i just transfer all of the files of the SD card to a bigger one and expect it to work with no problems, or is there any kind of step that I must take?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to format emunand on the new SD card using the gateway menu. Then use emunand tool (do a search or check the wiki) to extract your current sdcard, and inject to the new sdcard. From there it's just copy and paste everything to the new card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.