Is there any sort of solution for this yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by FireEmblemGuy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Basically, my Wii's DVD drive is broken due to a problem with the power connector on the main board. I don't have the money to fix it, but in the meantime I can't load up any WiiWare, VC games, or backups from USB, and last I checked there was no workaround. I kind of doubt it, but are there any solutions yet?

2. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Unfortunately, the DVD drive still has to be plugged in for any of the channels to work, despite not using it.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you mean software workaround then it is save money or keep waiting (and I doubt that will change any time soon).

If you had money and did not want to fix it then you should be able to use a flatmii but they are quote expensive and as the USB loader arrived they have little in the way of competition.

Power connector is somewhat easier than ribbon (the usual one to break).
    You said mainboard so can I assume the connections at the board are broken but the actual plug works fine. If so you should be able to grab power from somewhere else.