Is there any reason to still use an XBOX 360?

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some members excited about a new breakthrough in 360 hacking. I personally don't see any reason (apart from being broke af) to use an XBOX 360 in late 2021. As far as I know the system doesn't have any exclusives and you would be better off using cracked copies of the games on PC.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Marc_LFD and McBing

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say only people who are broke af are using a 360 today and in the end you promote using cracked PC games instead - you must be a genius.

What you say is wrong on so many levels.

1) Advancements in hacking the system further, might give ideas to exploit newer revisions or even other platforms.
We got to a point where you only need 2 wires to make the system exploit itself - think about it.

2) No exclusives? Do your research next time please:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

3) The 360 homebrew community is still alive and it probably will always be - just like the Atari community and whatever other console came out before you were even born - that's probably the biggest reason to still use it today.
It's as great today for many people as it was back then.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games for it are frequently cheap (though there are a few*, and prices are going back up as it is now teetering on the verge of being classic), usually releases were on par with PC versions (give or take mods**) and pretty much plug and play when you do get it going on. The games for it (and the PS3) are also frequently fun where a lot of the sequels (if any exist) and same genre/gameplay style offerings went all microtransaction and pay for this DLC.

*there are two main games on my list of things to finish my collection off and both, especially in PAL, are on the pricey side of things.

On exclusives.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-and-360-exclusives-a-discussion.360416/
It is not current as the PS3 ended up with a few more things from NIS (many of which we reviewed around here actually) as it went end of life, still not enough to change the PS3 into a notable RPG machine from where I sit compared to the PS1 and PS2. There were also a few very late stage ports to PC almost out of nowhere (Bullet Witch got ported years after the fact for reasons I have never been able to fathom, and we did see a port of Vanquish which is a really good game, Resonance of Fate also appeared on later consoles and PC and was one of my favourite games of the original generation/all time). I do also have to note the amount of shmups on the 360 if you like that sort of thing -- only the mobile phone is likely to compete there.
I don't have a current list of things with no PC port either.

**what goes for mods varies quite considerably here, and in ways that might surprise some people.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
There are some members excited about a new breakthrough in 360 hacking. I personally don't see any reason (apart from being broke af) to use an XBOX 360 in late 2021. As far as I know the system doesn't have any exclusives and you would be better off using cracked copies of the games on PC.
Some people don't have the luxuries unlike some so playing on those systems is still a thing. At least those who appreciate older things are still having fun 🙄

Reactions: Jayinem

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stupid Question.
Some people do still enjoy "older" Games. Also not everyone has an already RGHed 360, so it's very nice to see there's a way to mod it without using a modchip.

As mentioned above there are a lot of reasons, like mods and Homebrew and also I love and collect my consoles and hack them if I can. The recent finding for the RGH3 makes me want to hack my 360 again.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought my first Xbox console, a 360 Slim, this past week. Zero of the "games" I want to run have "cracked" (read as malware-filled) versions for PC. Almost all of them require Kinect, which is not (ever) going to be supported by the X360 emulator, etc. Perhaps there is no reason for you, Mike, to have a 360. But why would you assume that was true of the other 7 billion of us?

Reactions: BigOnYa and Jayinem

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Eternal sonata is only playable on the 360. Can't even play it on the series x. Good rpg.
Yeah, good RPG indeed, but it is also playable on PS3 or its emulator. Also, a bunch of Kinect games is only playable on the X360. It cannot be emulated (as of now maybe) on PC/Xenia because of the lack of Kinect support. This is the only reason I bought 360s + Kinects for cheap.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, good RPG indeed, but it is also playable on PS3 or its emulator. Also, a bunch of Kinect games is only playable on the X360. It cannot be emulated (as of now maybe) on PC/Xenia because of the lack of Kinect support. This is the only reason I bought 360s + Kinects for cheap.
Didn't know it was on the ps3. Should get a series x in two or three days, so I know it's not bc for sonata. However, I think it's bc with lost odyssey and blue dragon. Plus, I heard ps2 emulation is amazing on the series x. Will save me from replacing the laser in my ps2. Also, my laptop doesn't have an optical drive anyway.

Reactions: r5xscn

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only people are broke as fuck use Xbox 360? LMAO, ok maybe if Xbox 360 was the ONLY SYSTEM THEY HAD AND THEY COULD AFFORD that might be true. But someone that has a bunch of consoles including Xbox 360 would be considered the opposite I think. There's still many exclusive games on that console and if you add the fact you can play a good amount of original Xbox games there's a whole lot of them. Are you that dumb to think that a game is only good for a certain amount of time then it automatically sucks? usually gamers that only play Call of Duty and/or Madden think like that.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Err I can't get on board with that Kinect is absolutely to me the most garbage accessory ever created. The games made for it are absolutely terrible.

Reactions: thenextgui

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Err I can't get on board with that Kinect is absolutely to me the most garbage accessory ever created. The games made for it are absolutely terrible.
Well, can't argue with your preferences. For me, Kinect is a wonderful gaming accessory, I used it for Dance Evolution, and most party games (Kinect Sports) to play with my family. Buying the 360s + Kinects for cheap beats paying Konami 100 yen for 2 songs on arcades haha. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Reactions: Codemastershock

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took these pictures several days ago after I heard about sonata not being bc. my save (the often generic pirate ship stage in an rpg, lol) is still intact on my jtag, which I still have plugged in. I don't really game on it anymore, but I do test things for others on it:

20211230_150200.jpg

20211230_150330.jpg

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It's cheap, affordable and if you bought The Simpsons Arcade you can't play it on Xbox One or Xbox Series as it was delisted.

I wonder if I can play The Simpsons Arcade MAME version on PS4 via Retro Arch, maybe, I guess.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
As someone who owns a very strong PC with a big steam library, Switch, Wii U, PS3, and PS4, I find the Xbox 360 to be a nice console to play with. Having most of the Sonic games on it and being able to play Sonic Free Riders are 2 of my biggest reasons.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who owns a very strong PC with a big steam library, Switch, Wii U, PS3, and PS4, I find the Xbox 360 to be a nice console to play with. Having most of the Sonic games on it and being able to play Sonic Free Riders are 2 of my biggest reasons.
The 360 definitely has a massive quality library of SONIC games.

Free Riders is the Kinect game isn't it? I tried it myself years and found it very inaccurate. DBZ for Kinect was kinda fun, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM