Hacking Is there any reason for me to stay on 7.1?

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this a couple times in the noob thread, but I didn't get a response, which is why I'm creating a new thread. Basically, is there any reason I should stay on 7.1 rather than updating to 9.whatever? Like will I not be able to use ssspwn when it's released or something? Thanks.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's probably indifferent at this point. Smealum's hack and Sky3DS have entry points in the latest firmware, and Gateway is still rooted on 4.5.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unless you have a reason to go up to 9.x *now* I'd say wait 2~3 weeks.

Since you can always go up then, but you can't get back down without jumping though hoops with backups.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I read this update that Smea is working on is supposed to be scheduled for 2 weeks from now.
And with all the stuff thats going on around SKY3DS and its 'clones' it would not surprise me if before the month is out there will be more known about all the options.

Either way, it probably doesn't really matter. If all indications are correct its all going to be blown open once it is.

He's supposing some sort of new vulnerability might get announced. But that's in the field of conjecture... we have 0% concrete proof of action in that front.
Correct - there's no proof.
That doesn't remove the fact that unless you *need* to update now, there really is no reason to update now. If it doesn't matter either way, you may aswell leave it as is and make your decision later.
Since "going back" isn't possible, but "going forward" always is an option.

Thats just my view though.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I read this update that Smea is working on is supposed to be scheduled for 2 weeks from now.
And with all the stuff thats going on around SKY3DS and its 'clones' it would not surprise me if before the month is out there will be more known about all the options.

Either way, it probably doesn't really matter. If all indications are correct its all going to be blown open once it is.

Correct - there's no proof.
That doesn't remove the fact that unless you *need* to update now, there really is no reason to update now. If it doesn't matter either way, you may aswell leave it as is and make your decision later.
Since "going back" isn't possible, but "going forward" always is an option.

Thats just my view though.
He has an unhacked system, though. Why miss out on eShop, online matches, Miiverse and so on when the entry points we have coming are based on the current firmware? The one Team Gateway had promised was for 6.x anyway, so he's past that.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hence the "unless you have a reason to update now".
The fact that he hadn't yet would lead me to assume that eShop, online play and such were not a high priority.

Moot point now. Its done.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.