Is there any program to trim roms....

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jhoff80, Sep 11, 2006.

Sep 11, 2006
  1. jhoff80
    OP

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, basically, I have a ton of roms on my SD card (more than 2 gigs) for an M3 (not the lite, but whatever people are calling the side loading one that is slightly smaller). None of these have been trimmed, because I wanted to maximize compatibility, and I have a 4 gig SD card anyway. However, I just got a new PDA that supports 4 gig SD cards, so I was hoping to switch the 2 gig memory card from my PDA into the M3, and put the 4gig memory card into my PDA. However, since I have over 2 gigs worth, I need to start trimming the roms

The problem I'm having is that I don't remember any of the settings that worked well on the roms on my SD card, and don't wan to go through trial and error again on that many roms. I was wondering if there was any standalone program that can just trim out the empty space in the rom but also let it still work with the M3. This is probably too much to ask, but I was hoping I'd be able to save the trouble. Any ideas?

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Use GBATA's rom trimmer. Make sure you search for the *.nds in the file text bar.

3. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is just a rom trimmer. You can add multiple files at once. I think GBA Tool Advance is one at a time.
    Link

4. jhoff80
    OP

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And these will work on DS roms too, or just the GBA ones?

Edit: Neither worked for DS roms but they trimmed about 20 megs off my GBA roms. I guess I'll just have to use the M3 software to trim the DS roms. I guess I'll just set everything to Fast Boot 4x, Software Reset, TrimRom and fix issues as they come up.

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    I guess patching them without trim adds some random info at the very end of the rom because they can trim before patched.