Is there any possible way to convert an ISO to WBFS without PC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by skullkeeper94, May 28, 2017.

1. skullkeeper94
    OP

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    I am a heavy Android user with no PC. I want to put Super Paper Mario on my USB drive but it's above 4GB. Is there any way to convert the ISO to a WBFS?

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You could TRY zipping it up. Outside of standard compression techniques, Android is really not capable here.

3. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Well you can *find* wbfs file, or have someone do it for you? You know *backups* for you?

4. skullkeeper94
    OP

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Can USB Loader GX read zip files? 0.o

Heh, probably my only choice as of now really :P

5. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Usb loader can't read zips. So yeah, wbfs is your only option if you don't own a pc/laptop

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can just rip the game straight from the disc to WBFS files with USB Loader GX.

7. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Yeah, but I assume he gotnit from a *friend* and his friend is far away... B-)

8. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    wii backup manager?

9. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    try to compile wit tools

10. Jay L

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Know this thread is a few months old but I was also looking for a solution that didn't involve windows; I have an old laptop but was looking to avoid using it unless there was no other choice.
    So I found this video and was wondering if there is any merit to the method being used here
    The file used in the video is shown as like 4.3gb so I have a feeling it doesn't actually solve the file size limit but wanted to ask about it anyway. Does wbfs actually split the file or does it just make it appear that way to the wii?

Also is what wbfs is doing something that would only ever be used for Wii isos or does it have another application? With the Wii scene being dormant unless the program has another use I guess there won't be an Android based solution until the Wii sees a retro resurgence in a few years.

11. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    WBFS files can be split or not, it's an option you have when converting/dumping

WBFS = Wii Backup File System, with the name having stuck around for a specific format of super trimmed isos (updates usually removed, etc) after usb loaders became more efficient and didn't need a proprietary filesystem (invented to ensure games would not be fragmented) but their super trimming stayed

WBFS therefore only makes sense for Wii, the general concept of trimming applies to most other platforms, and stripping meaningful but unwanted data + trimming for a good number of platforms