Hacking Is there any point?

rog9001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I was wondering if there is any point in downgrading my 3ds now (got fw 11.0 on it right now), or should I just upgrade to 11.2?

Why I am asking is because I really wanted to do a hard mod (got all the stuff for it SD adapter, soldering iron, etc.) and downgrade to 9.4 (I think it was) so I could install Luma or any of the other ones but then a question came up, will my 3ds be f***ed after upgrading to 11.2 afterwards or not. Also I was wondering, is fw 11.2 the last fw or will there be more updates because I haven't been on my 3ds in a long time and was surprised to see that the latest was 11.2, was thinking it would be 11.7 by now or even 12.0.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not worth downgrading to say 9.2 because that steps no longer needed. Now you can downgrade straight to 2.1 and install A9LH from there
https://3ds.guide/
It's completely worth the downgrade and installing A9LH as it's the best entrypoint to date.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I was wondering if there is any point in downgrading my 3ds now (got fw 11.0 on it right now), or should I just upgrade to 11.2?

Why I am asking is because I really wanted to do a hard mod (got all the stuff for it SD adapter, soldering iron, etc.) and downgrade to 9.4 (I think it was) so I could install Luma or any of the other ones but then a question came up, will my 3ds be f***ed after upgrading to 11.2 afterwards or not. Also I was wondering, is fw 11.2 the last fw or will there be more updates because I haven't been on my 3ds in a long time and was surprised to see that the latest was 11.2, was thinking it would be 11.7 by now or even 12.0.
It's also worth noting that the 2.1 downgrade is only temporary while you install a9lh afterwards you upgrade back up to latest firmware 11.2.0-35. i say this because some people thought you had to stay in 2.1. I recommend reading the entire guide at least once before you start.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

rog9001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's also worth noting that the 2.1 downgrade is only temporary while you install a9lh afterwards you upgrade back up to latest firmware 11.2.0-35. i say this because some people thought you had to stay in 2.1. I recommend reading the entire guide at least once before you start.

Already done it. 11.2 with a9lh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: