Is there any place that still sells the GB bridge

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Pliskron, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009
  1. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I have a flash2advance card and I'd like to by a GB bridge to use that card with my Gameboy color. I suppose I'll have to wait until one turns up used. It would be great if some place had a few left though.

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    it would be possible to do this without a GB bridge. the only thing a GB bridge does is make the card bigger and fill the little grooves at the base of the card. you could just get an old GB game you dont want/need anymore, and take it apart, as well as the flash2advance card and put the contents of the flash2advance card in the GB game's cart.

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    A day late, that stopped selling around 2005. You will most likely get it second hand.

you will need 100 posts to your account here to be able to access the trading section.

The GB Bridge did the change in voltage for the older GB games so you wouldn't burn out the GBA system. It didn't fill in little groves like SifJar said.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm fairly certain it does more than just that, considering that it reads the GBC roms off the GBA cart and runs them in GBC mode. I doubt you'd be able to read the GBA cartridge with a homemade solution like that, since they operate at different voltages.

5. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I was thinking of buying a Gameboy color and simply cutting the back down. Fitting the unit in a GBC cart also sounds like a good idea. Thanks

6. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I've read all you have to do to get the card to read GBC on a GBA is tape the edges of the card so I'm pretty confident that the bridge doesn't change the voltage but it might.

7. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Oh, it changes voltage? I read somewhere all it did was fill in the grooves, and sould be done with a bit of tape if you where using it in a GBA, so figured a GB cart would work. Maybe not...but then again, maybe...

8. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I still have one sitting around at the bottom of a box somewhere, you didn't have to use tape or paper or anything to use it unless it was worn down.

It is the damn voltage trick:
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_card/gb_bridge.htm

It was so you can play gb/gbc roms directly from the flashcart without an emulator.

It doesn't work with GBA micro, they removed all GB/GBC compatibility there

9. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Looks like I was misinformed. I read that you could just wrap tape around the bottom of a GBA flash cart, covering the grooves that were added to GBA carts, then stick it in your GBA and play GB or GBC roms off it. I never had a GBA flash cart, so I never tried it. I just believed it was true. Looks like it wasn't.

10. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    how_do_i_do_that
    If you can find your GB Bridge and want to sell it I'll buy it off you.

11. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    It only works with Flash Advance Pro/Turbo/Xtreme/F2A flashcarts, it is no good to you if you don't already have a flashcart already.

12. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I have a Flash2Advance 256Mbit Cartridge. Thats a compatible model.

13. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I am not parting with mine for the time being, sorry. There was a topic of making your own a while back on pockethaven, I don't know if it even works or not. might be worth a try.

The only other flashcart that didn't need to use goomba or goomba color to play gb/c games was I think the F2A Ultra. That is also just as hard to find.

you can try

http://www.discoazul.com/

It says it has one. I would email them to make sure it is definitely in stock before ordering it.

ignore the F2A ultra comment about being able to play gb/c.

14. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Disco Azul!!! I just watched don't mess with zohan.
    No dice on the GB bridge. The do have a flash2advance but it's the 1gb and you can't use that one with the bridge. I have the right cart anyway. I'm sure I'll run across one at some point. I have to get cracking on my 100 posts so I can put up a wanted ad.

15. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yeah, the F2AU can only run GBA games, and isn't compatible with the GB Bridge. Runs Goomba Color well enough though.