Is there any NES emulator that can run multicarts?

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run a multicart file with the name "100-in-1 Arcade Action II (AT-103)(Unl)[!].nes" I've tried several different NES emulators and they all tell me "unsupported mapper." No idea which mapper it is, but if anyone has any input on this, I'd really like to look at some fabulous bootlegs.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to run a multicart file with the name "100-in-1 Arcade Action II (AT-103)(Unl)[!].nes" I've tried several different NES emulators and they all tell me "unsupported mapper." No idea which mapper it is, but if anyone has any input on this, I'd really like to look at some fabulous bootlegs.
What have you tried so far ?

Can you PM a link to the rom file ?

Last edited by Hi-Dro,
D

Deleted User

nestopia, fceux, some other thing i can’t remember, I think it started with an m.. i’ll have to send the rom tomorrow, it’s late now where i am.
Maybe you could try the various Retroarch cores and see if something sticks?

Also, don't ask or provide ROM links, even in PMs. That violates the rules of the site.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Isn’t it okay if the rom doesn’t have copyright? Or maybe not the multicart because there might be dupes of copyrighted games in it? idk.
Your first point: It's most likely copyrighted itself (and nobody would care because enforcing it would be admitting to having distributed pirated games)
Your second point: yes, it contains copyrighted games (or mods of them)

As for the original question, you indeed must figure out the mapper number (it's in the header of the rom, if all else fails you can open the .nes in a hex editor and send a picture of the first lines), and from there find out a compatible emulator (which may or may not exist)

Reactions: supergamer368

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: found the rom and had a look at it, and not only it's in UNIF format instead of the more common iNES (so it doesn't have a mapper number in the traditional meaning, and the format itself isn't supported by every emulator) but it appears to be an OneBus game, not a NES/Famicom one!

"UNL-OneBus" is the UNIF mapper "number", if you want to do some research :)

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: supergamer368

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: found the rom and had a look at it, and not only it's in UNIF format instead of the more common iNES (so it doesn't have a mapper number in the traditional meaning, and the format itself isn't supported by every emulator) but it appears to be an OneBus game, not a NES/Famicom one!

"UNL-OneBus" is the UNIF mapper "number", if you want to do some research :)
Huh, wasn’t even aware that roms could be like that. That makes my chances if finding a way to emulate it very slim, but thanks for figuring all that out anyway :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou