Gaming is there any Monster Hunter like game for DS

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i like to play a Monster Hunter like game for DS that you will accept a quest and kill a Monster or something... i already play Phantasy Star Ø but i dont like a Futuristic game... but if you know some post it too.... i might like it...

i said a Monster Hunter LIKE Game not a Monster Hunter Game

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember playing one for the DS that kinda played like Monster Hunter.. It was never localised tho, but they were making a translation of it somewhere in this forum, although I think they wound up dropping it.. Can't remember the name tho.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
is it kaiju Busters or Element hunter???
hiya there fellow monster hunter fan, kaiju busters is as monster hunter as it gets on the ds unfortunately, i have tried searching in vain a long time ago so i can tell you that if you dont like kaiju busters then there is no game which can even remotely remind of monster hunter =(, if you have a 3ds you can wait for mh 3g though

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly how Monster Hunter-esque do you want it to be? Do you just want a game where you take quests to beat monsters and get their stuff body parts? Or do you want gameplay that is similar to Monster Hunter as well?

Master of the Monster Lair is a DS game in which you build a dungeon to attract monsters, and then accept quests to bring parts of those monsters (or bits of equipment they're wearing) to the villagers in your town. It's part of the Dungeon Maker series (in Japan and Europe, it's actually called Dungeon Maker, IIRC), but it's a lot more RPG than either the other Dungeon Maker games or Monster Hunter, both of which have more action-oriented gameplay. If you have a PSP, you might want to check out the other Dungeon Maker games, which definitely fit the Monster Hunter style a bit better.

Dragon Quest IX has a similar system, where NPCs will frequently give you quests to kill monsters, but the quests are about other things just as frequently, and the game itself doesn't focus on the killing of monsters and the taking of stuff body parts. Also, it's a "pure" RPG, not a hybrid action game, like Monster Lair above.

Other than that, I can't think of anything besides the actual Monster Hunter games coming out for 3DS.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK Thanks all to youre reply i'll try those games....
--i think that kaiju Busters is the closest thing i found... (except it is full japanese)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1