Hardware Is there any known way to safely remove scratches?

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
My PS Vita Screen Protector didn't arrive soon enough. Yesterday I was playing with my Vita and I noticed a scratch. I don't know what could have caused it, but it's there.

Is there any way to remove that scratch safely?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
there are solutions used to fill the scratches, which as far as i know are mostly used for car related stuff. Most things that are for computer-related-stuff are cheap crap used to remove scratches from CDs DVDs etc. which is basically some chemical used to eat away a layer of plastic, thus removing the scratched layer and making it look all neat and not scratched. You'll have to hope someone has experience with this, as i gave up trying to find a decent product for under 20bucks...

then again the vita screen has a coating, as most phone screens etc. i'd think, to make it smooth and lovely to touch, so polishing out the scratch will likely ruins that and you'll get a sort of odd spot to touch on the screen.

I'd recommend applying the screen protector, if the scratch isn't deep/large it will mask over it mostly and will be a fair bit less work...

google gorilla glass scratch repair for more info on the topic as there posts in other forums i dont want to get slapper for linking to. good luck with that.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that its a capacitive touch screen and not resistive means you can try to buff out the scratch,or have safelite come and repair it .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night