ROM Hack Is there any known way to import models to BCH format?

kathy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing a lot of Etrian Odyssey modding lately and I'm really wanting to figure out how to import custom models into the game. With Kukki I can easily enough import textures, but I have no clue how to actually import models and keep the game from crashing.

CHEMI6DER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Although I've not had much success with importing BCHs into PM ORAS maps, to my knowledge the only way to do this r/n is using the tools from the official SDK, NintendoWare/NW4C in particular.
You'll have to get your new/edited model converted to CRES (not BCRES! The only difference between these is that CRES is an intermediate XML format for the binary BCRES(aka CGFX))(I'm pretty sure other tools from the NW4C can be used to accomplish this, I just don't remember how I did it), then use NW4C_h3dbincvtr to convert your CRES to BCH...
Honestly, I dunno if this will work for you or if it won't, IIRC my experiments didn't work because I either messed something up at the editing stage, or because the BCH version produced by the h3dbincvtr I have didn't match what the game uses.

Footnote: I'm not aware of any romhacking utilities that can export BCH at the moment, sure thing Ohana-3DS and SPICA can import and view them, but exporting isn't really a thing, so you'll probably have to stick with SDK utilities for this (unless there's been some new thing I've not heard of).

kathy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I've not had much success with importing BCHs into PM ORAS maps, to my knowledge the only way to do this r/n is using the tools from the official SDK, NintendoWare/NW4C in particular.
Oh, that's very unfortunate for me. Thanks for answering so quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s