Hacking Is there any input lag when emulating GBA games on a PSP GO?

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I'm very interested in buying one to play some games on the TV using a PS3 controller, but I can't stand input lag. So, is there any? Thank you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If that's what you indend to use it for, you should probably look for a different device. While there isn't any noticable input lag, displaying on the TV is pretty spotty and rudimentary - FuSa SD is the best you can count on, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the PSP Go. The PSP Go is a handheld console and it excels at just that - it's not going to replace a home console.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If that's what you indend to use it for, you should probably look for a different device. While there isn't any noticable input lag, displaying on the TV is pretty spotty and rudimentary - FuSa SD is the best you can count on, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the PSP Go. The PSP Go is a handheld console and it excells at just that - it's not going to replace a home console.

As long as there is no input lag I'm fine :).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As long as there is no input lag I'm fine :).

What I mean is that you may or may not be able to get fullscreen mode to work (only FuSa SD supports it these days, and as I said, compatibility is spotty). If you won't be able to get it to work, you'll end up with a centered frame like this:

psp7.jpg

Naturally it's less than desirable and painfuly apparent when you play on an HDTV.

There is the alternative of using RemoteJoy Lite, a PC, a USB and an HDMi cable to "divert" fullscreen display to the TV, but this may introduce some display lag.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I mean is that you may or may not be able to get fullscreen mode to work (only FuSa SD supports it these days, and as I said, compatibility is spotty). If you won't be able to get it to work, you'll end up with a centered frame like this:

psp7.jpg

Naturally it's less than desirable and painfuly apparent when you play on an HDTV.

There is the alternative of using RemoteJoy Lite, a PC, a USB and an HDMi cable to "divert" fullscreen display to the TV, but this may introduce some display lag.

I see, thanks. Maybe it's best to get myself a component cable for the gamecube, seems like it's the best option, but pricey (and use the GB player). Thanks for the help.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see, thanks. Maybe it's best to get myself a component cable for the gamecube, seems like it's the best option, but pricey (and use the GB player). Thanks for the help.

Honestly, you might buy any random Android device with mini-HMDI and Bluetooth and use that - the Game Boy Advance does not require a whole lot of horsepower for full speed emulation. ;)

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, you might buy any random Android device with mini-HMDI and Bluetooth and use that - the Game Boy Advance does not require a whole lot of horsepower for full speed emulation. ;)

Are you sure I won't experience any input lag then? I can't stand it. That's the reason I don't play SNES games on my Wii.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you sure I won't experience any input lag then? I can't stand it. That's the reason I don't play SNES games on my Wii.

I don't think you should - these days Android devices have high-speed Bluetooth. If you have a Wii, why won't you just get a Gamecube controller? A wired controller equals near non-existant lag. That being said, you shouldn't be experiencing input lag on the Wii anyways - are you sure your emulators are up-to-date? The Wii is sort of the go-to affordable console in terms of emulators these days.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you should - these days Android devices have high-speed Bluetooth. If you have a Wii, why won't you just get a Gamecube controller? A wired controller equals near non-existant lag. That being said, you shouldn't be experiencing input lag on the Wii anyways - are you sure your emulators are up-to-date? The Wii is sort of the go-to affordable console in terms of emulators these days.

Yeah. If you search the net you will find plenty of people crying about the framerate on wii, and I can't stand the lag. GB player sounds the best to me though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah. If you search the net you will find plenty of people crying about the framerate on wii, and I can't stand the lag. GB player sounds the best to me though.

If you're only interested in Game Boy Advance games then fair enough, it will serve you well. It's practically a Game Boy Advance piggy-backing on the Gamecube, so you shouldn't experience any lag whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: