Hacking Is there any HWFLY for v2 Switch installation guide that isn't video?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm not very good with English and I ain't too familiar with hard modding so I'm not very confident I could follow the video guide. Is there any step by step guide with picture, tip and warning? I really don't want to mess it up.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Buddy, the task require a great soldering skill and principally to micro soldering, you need a microscope (at least a magnify lens) and solder in points lest than 0.5 mm diameter.

A guide without a video is hard to produce will need LOTS and lots of images and zoom images.

The ModChip installation is not for the Heart faintless, need really skills and patience.

Reactions: Hayato213

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Buddy, the task require a great soldering skill and principally to micro soldering, you need a microscope (at least a magnify lens) and solder in points lest than 0.5 mm diameter.

A guide without a video is hard to produce will need LOTS and lots of images and zoom images.

The ModChip installation is not for the Heart faintless, need really skills and patience.
Really? Because I don't see they use any special tool in the video and they only solder like 4 points or something. Then how about a schematic or some kind of map to see which point should I solder??

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are installing hwfly/sx core on v2, you don't even need a guide.. Only soldering you need to do are sp1 and sp2 points on SoC QSB. Clip the nand module to modchip, insert QSB's ribbon into the connector and clip modchip itself to motherboard. That's it, no need to scratch the soldering mask and do any micorsoldering like OLED.

Unless you want to use OLED/lite chips on v2 (which is unnecessary since there are flashable core chips), only in that case you need to solder those 4 wires:
https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you are installing hwfly/sx core on v2, you don't even need a guide.. Only soldering you need to do are sp1 and sp2 points on SoC QSB. Clip the nand module to modchip, insert QSB's ribbon into the connector and clip modchip itself to motherboard. That's it, no need to scratch the soldering mask and do any micorsoldering like OLED.

Unless you want to use OLED/lite chips on v2 (which is unnecessary since there are flashable core chips), only in that case you need to solder those 4 wires:
https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM
So I just need to solder SP1 and Sp2 on V2 and that is it? Isn't their solder two more point on some resistor on the chip in the video as well? Isn't it necessary?
Untitled-1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol