Hacking Is there any HWFLY for v2 Switch installation guide that isn't video?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm not very good with English and I ain't too familiar with hard modding so I'm not very confident I could follow the video guide. Is there any step by step guide with picture, tip and warning? I really don't want to mess it up.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Buddy, the task require a great soldering skill and principally to micro soldering, you need a microscope (at least a magnify lens) and solder in points lest than 0.5 mm diameter.

A guide without a video is hard to produce will need LOTS and lots of images and zoom images.

The ModChip installation is not for the Heart faintless, need really skills and patience.

Reactions: Hayato213

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Buddy, the task require a great soldering skill and principally to micro soldering, you need a microscope (at least a magnify lens) and solder in points lest than 0.5 mm diameter.

A guide without a video is hard to produce will need LOTS and lots of images and zoom images.

The ModChip installation is not for the Heart faintless, need really skills and patience.
Really? Because I don't see they use any special tool in the video and they only solder like 4 points or something. Then how about a schematic or some kind of map to see which point should I solder??

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are installing hwfly/sx core on v2, you don't even need a guide.. Only soldering you need to do are sp1 and sp2 points on SoC QSB. Clip the nand module to modchip, insert QSB's ribbon into the connector and clip modchip itself to motherboard. That's it, no need to scratch the soldering mask and do any micorsoldering like OLED.

Unless you want to use OLED/lite chips on v2 (which is unnecessary since there are flashable core chips), only in that case you need to solder those 4 wires:
https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you are installing hwfly/sx core on v2, you don't even need a guide.. Only soldering you need to do are sp1 and sp2 points on SoC QSB. Clip the nand module to modchip, insert QSB's ribbon into the connector and clip modchip itself to motherboard. That's it, no need to scratch the soldering mask and do any micorsoldering like OLED.

Unless you want to use OLED/lite chips on v2 (which is unnecessary since there are flashable core chips), only in that case you need to solder those 4 wires:
https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM
So I just need to solder SP1 and Sp2 on V2 and that is it? Isn't their solder two more point on some resistor on the chip in the video as well? Isn't it necessary?
Untitled-1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Yeah might as well just invest $10 in a good set
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @KenniesNewName That's the problem with gadgets, there's a new one being leaked, announced, released every week, and if you wait for something better to come along you can wait forever, there's always something new on the horizon.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Same thing with price too. Miyoo Mini is $50 and it's fine, but RP2 is only $100 and has way more options, but now there's the RP3 and it's just $30 more, but the Ayn Odin Lite is $190 and it's very powerful, but the Ayn Odin Pro is $250 and it's an absolute beast, but now we're already in the Windows handheld range and I really would like a Windows handheld... Ayn Loki starts at $200, but why not add a few bucks for better specs... but now we're close to the Steam Deck and that is a much better choice...
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    So we get from $50 to $500 in tiny, reasonable increments.
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Veho should eat a cookie :P
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Everyone should eat a cookie.
    Gift
  • Skelletonike @ Skelletonike:
    I have oreos
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    They have oreos cereal :ninja:
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    My attitude in those cases is to decide what I want in that particular moment, not waiting for emminent releases. And decide based on function, that is, if I will use it almost daily and if it satisfies my desire/need
    Gift
    This saves me money, room space and head space
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just give up on buying anything and wait until the desire subsides. Works just as well.
    Gift
    I know those moments
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Buy all the things and fill your house with junk you will never use lol
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Correction, with junk you'll use once.
    Gift
    Lol maybe
    Gift
  • Extryzz @ Extryzz:
    Does anybody know how to fix vwii i get a black screen when booting forwarders, some work but the animated ones do not, I converted to vwii btw.
    Gift
  • Extryzz @ Extryzz:
    do i have to download a certain homebrew or can it be through tirasmu
    Gift
  • Tom Bombadildo @ Tom Bombadildo:
    Make a thread in the relevant section, you're more likely to get an answer there
    Gift
  • Gift
    Tom just pops in to remind people to make a thread :P
    Gift
    Or to post a suggestive emoji
    Gift
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: Or to post a suggestive emoji