Hacking Is there any hope for my R4i 3DS? (4.5 mark)

Eccentric T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, my name is Eccentric T, T for short. Today I made the mistake of updating my 3DS to version 6.2.0-12U. My R4i 3DS card doesn't work anymore! I could have sworn the site said it was compatible with the latest update.

I was reading from this link here and it showed my card under the list of compatible cards for the latest update. I was confident enough to actually try it out and update, after all, I was missing the 3DS e-Shop, I wanted to purchase Pokemon Dream Radar. Now I've lost my progress on my Pokemon White Version.

Is there any hope for me to get this working again? Or will I just need to trade my guys over to a legit cart using my friend's original DS?

My card is updated to 1.73b, but am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? I feel like these R4 vendors are leaving me in the dark. I've also read some cards need to "cut" a wire inside of their carts. Here's the inside and outside of mine, is the same treatment needed?

Thanks in advance.

Eccentric T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you updated in the microsd was the KERNEL. Its what loads games and stuff. Not updating the cart so its compatible with your 3ds. Anyways what you have to do is find a ds lite or something where the R4 CAN work. And then just follow this: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/Readme_en.html
Ask your friends if they have a spare ds.

So these cards do work? What did i do wrong? Are you supposed to leave the zipped file zipped and just run the update like that? I just unzipped it and dragged in onto the microSD card. And I can borrow my friend's original "tank" DS.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So these cards do work? What did i do wrong? Are you supposed to leave the zipped file zipped and just run the update like that? I just unzipped it and dragged in onto the microSD card. And I can borrow my friend's original "tank" DS.

Yeah that should work. You didn't do anything wrong (other than updating the 3ds first :P) Use his tank and follow the guide I posted to update the cart.

Eccentric T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that should work. You didn't do anything wrong (other than updating the 3ds first :P) Use his tank and follow the guide I posted to update the cart.

Thanks. Glad to know I won't have issues. I swear I'm never updating this stupid thing again! Lol. Well, I will, I'll just wait. Glad to know the R4 Vendors didn't just forget about the older versions.

Eccentric T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work. I don't get the option to update my R4i anymore. I have my friend's DS on me now, but pressing update doesn't allow me to do anything. It still doesn't work in my 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte